Ulcers

Quiltingnonnie
on 11/30/15 2:20 pm

well I finally got relief from feeling so lousy. Turns out my new pouch is full of ulcers. They said it was from the stress my body went thru. I ended up in er Friday , doc did the scope on Saturday , started meds came home Sunday . Finally feeling a little better. Lesson learned if you feel something isn't right run don't walk to the doctor.

H.A.L.A B.
on 11/30/15 4:31 pm

I am dealing with a lot of pouch pain right now, GERD, Etc... Not sure what is going on but it may be ulcers or gastritis.. . not First and probably not last... 

I strongly recommend you really follow very mild diet - no acids, no raw foods, no things like nuts or things that even when chewed may have "sharp corners" like hard chips, crackers etc... 

Take the meds as prescribed and not a day less than that... Don't skip... I know... I am talking from experiance ... 

Today I had coconut milk, mild green tea, herbal teas, hard boiled eggs, and dinner is cooked chicken with veggies... 

Chicken with veggies, soft boiled eggs protein shakes ... Will be most likely my food for the next 2-3 weeks if not longer... 

I do plan to see gastro doc tomorrow.. But if nothing else, I have gastritis and it may take a while to heal that... 

Good luck... I know I need it... 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Quiltingnonnie
on 12/1/15 4:07 am

I hope you feel better soon. I'm sticking to stage 2 diet for a week maybe longer, so I can heal.

good luck

karin602
on 12/1/15 6:06 pm - MD
RNY on 07/30/13

Being two years out and still following all the "rules" figured I was safe. After months of pain under right rib radiating up and several primary care doc visits, going through ultrasound and ct scan, of course showing nothing, he finally said ask your surgeon. It was time for an annual appointment anyway. He said you need an endoscopy. Sure enough a duodenal ulcer right where the stomach researches to the small intestine. Now on generic 40 mg. Proposed fortunately covered by insurance. Prescription nexium was horrible with terrible side effects. I go back end of December to see if I need another endoscopy to see if it's healing. Ulcers are the worse! Glad you got yours diagnosed fairly quickly and start on the road to recovery.

Karin

Quiltingnonnie
on 12/2/15 2:49 am

I pray you heal quickly, and we never have to deal with ulcers again 

Evie_e
on 12/3/15 7:01 pm - Canada

What type of pains were you having?  What will an ulcer feel like? 

I am having pains in my lower abdomen, especially when I dont eat a lot.

Im around a lot of second hand smoke and am terrified I will get an ulcer from it 

AH!

Paranoia sucks lol

Quiltingnonnie
on 12/4/15 6:27 pm

My pain was slightly to the left under my breast. A lot of burping and not being able to eat or drink, vomiting, burning in stomach. No fun at all

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 447 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 455 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 399 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404