What's on your Thursday menu RNYers?

Deanna798
on 5/19/16 6:08 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Good morning! I think AV is missing in action, so I'm either going to start this thread or by the time I finish typing this up on my PC someone else will have started it.

Had a meeting last night with my sons Spanish teacher about his upcoming trip to Ecuador. He's going for 9 days, and gets to hike in the Amazon basin and through the Andes mountains. They'll get to go white water rafting and visit an exotic animal rescue. I'm super excited for him, and honestly a little jealous. I just wish he would show more enthusiasm. I don't know what it is, but this kid just doesn't get excited about anything.

so, here we are to the QOTD: Where is the most exotic place that you have gone? I haven't traveled a lot and I have never been anywhere exotic. My favorite place so far has been Philadelphia. I loved the history and how old the city is. We stayed downtown at the Holiday Inn around the corner from the Liberty Bell and visited all the touristy historical sites.

Plan for the day:

B: 1oz chicken breast (while packing lunch I snuck some, so had to log it) 1 egg, 2 pieces of center cut bacon and 1 slice of cheese.

L: 4oz of chicken breast with some sauteed zucchini and onions

D: chicken breast with some BBQ sauce and steamed cauliflower

S: Light and Fit Greek

Totals

Calories 624 Protein 82 carbs 22 fat 26

Have a great day everyone!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 5/19/16 6:14 am
RNY on 04/06/15

My anxiety is through the roof today, and I can't pinpoint exactly why!!  Not a great feeling!!   Tonight is crazy busy, pretty much like every other night for me, running around like a chicken with my head cut off.  ugh Then tomorrow I have my endoscopy, and will be running around before to get the boys to my parent's house EARLY in the morning so Mom can bring then to daycare while my Dad brings me to the hospital.  Mom will have to pick the boys up as well, since Im not supposed to drive for 24 hours after.

QOTD: I have never been anywhere exotic!  haha We went to Quebec for our honeymoon, we stayed inside the wall in Old Quebec, it was amazing and so much fun.  But not "exotic". 

13+ months since surgery

M1: Quest S'more bar

M2: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M3: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M4: 4oz Fairlife skim milk, 1 scoop Syntrax milk chocolate w/ lots of ice

M5: Vegan butter chicken

Totals: Cals: 801  Protein: 115  Carbs: 52 (ugh )  Fat: 22

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Deanna798
on 5/19/16 6:19 am
RNY on 08/04/15

At least it's a foreign country!  I have gone to Toronto once, but that wasn't nearly as fun as when I went to Philly.  

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

cheapskate
on 5/19/16 6:43 am
RNY on 03/30/15

Have you pisted the butter chicken recipe? 

melissasue1982
on 5/19/16 7:51 am
RNY on 04/06/15

I hadn't before, because its VEGAN butter chicken...soooo neither had chicken or butter! HAHAHA  Because I can't really eat meat anymore.  But here it is   easy-vegan-butter-chicken

Emiepie
on 5/19/16 7:51 am
RNY on 08/11/14

When I read your first sentence I thought "isn't her appointment tomorrow?" that would make me have anxiety.  Hope you get some answers.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

melissasue1982
on 5/19/16 7:52 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Yes it is, I am sure that is why I am all anxious.  I just want to know one way or another what is going on! 

But I haven't really been worried about it, but it is coming through as anxiety about EVERYTHING else now! HAHA My brain is a terrifying place!

NYMom222
on 5/19/16 6:28 am
RNY on 07/23/14

Thanks for starting, I've been lurking waiting for the post to pop up.

What a great trip! All the fun wasted on kids who may or may not appreciate it. Hahahaha. He will probably be much more excited when he goes and you will hear a lot when he comes home.

QOTD: The most exotic place I have been is Kenya. When my son was 12, we went on a 16 day Missions trip into the bush of Kenya. No electricity, no running water, no toilets, only holes in the ground. We really went because of my son, this was so out of my comfort zone. I used to have a Friday Night youth group/bible study at my house for the elementary age kids in my church. 15-17 !st to 6th graders every Friday night. Hahaha, those were the days. I do miss them. Anyway we had a Man from Kenya who runs a large Christian organization there come speak to the kids one night. He and my son just hit it off. My son would talk after that like, "When I go to Kenya this..." "When I go to Kenya that..." Pastor decided to organize a trip and the rest is history as they say. That Kenyan Bishop is still a vital part of our lives.He comes and stays with me when He comes to America and was a mentor to my son, even though we were continents apart.

Kenya is amazing beautiful. The 24hrs of travel to get to where we were going was arduous. The beauty of the place and the people totally made up for it. We were living in something like out of a National Geographic Magazine. All huts around us, and when we decided to do a service for the kids the next day, they notified the surrounding areas by sending messages via drumming. 70 kids showed up.

It was a life changing trip, My son is a Pastor now. It also gave him a world vision. He has been to South Africa, Israel, Taiwan, and India besides Kenya. He and his family are moving to India next year.

Today starts Wedding Palooza Weekend for my Niece. Sister arrived last Night. Packing for my 3 days at a 4 star hotel. Can I get a Woop!?
Lunch with Sister and her Best Friend and then Appt with seamstress at 3PM to seem the altered dress and try it on. Crossing fingers I am happy.

Menu unknown for next 4 days... this is scary territory. AM bringing shakes and jerky to make sure I get my protein in.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Daffodilgirl

I just got cold chills reading about your son and the mission trip. It's amazing how things touch us and God puts people in our lives that leave lasting memories. 

Deanna798
RNY on 08/04/15

Wow!  What an awesome experience for you and your son!  I would love to do something like that for myself and my children.  One of the hotels where they are staying at in Ecuador is rustic and has no electricity in the rooms.  All of the lighting is either gas or torch and I am just hoping my kid doesn't do something stupid and burn the place to the ground! He's 16 going on 10 sometimes.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 519 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 257 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics