What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 6/21/16 5:24 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Happy Tuesday!  And a very happy 11th birthday to my baby boy!  I'm not sure how I'm old enough to have a "tweener", but I'll take it.  He is the light of my life and I'm so blessed.  All dress skirt challenge:  black/cream/red geometric print flounce skirt with a black 3/4 sleeve cardigan that I'm wearing as a shirt.  It's a little low cut for the office, but IDGAF.  I look fierce.

So, full confession here.  I haven't stepped on the scale in a while and I bit the bullet this morning and weighed in.  I'm up 5 lbs. from my lowest recorded weight back in Feb.  This is no bueno.  So, I'm putting it out there right now:  I am refocusing my efforts.  No more random grazing as I cook dinner.  No more "I'll just have a couple of fries".  No more.  Complacency is not pretty and I am accounting for my (in)actions.  Today is a new day!  Huzzah!

QOTD!  So, I have two today.  Since some of you haven't read the Harry Potter series (WTH?!), I'll ask this:  tell me about your pets.  For those of you who've experienced the awesomeness that is HP, what house would you be in?  Ahem:  right now we have a beagle named Bagel.  LOL  He is a fatty, but I love him so.  I'm really a cat person, and would love to have a couple/few, but Matt is "allergic".  mmm-hmm.  I'm dubious.  LOL  As for HP, I would be in Hufflepuff if I had my choice.  It's the sleeper house; the underdog!  Per Pottermore, "Hufflepuffs value hard work, patience, loyalty, and fair play.".  Yes, please.  And do not judge me for frequenting Pottermore.  LOL

Time since surgery:  23+ months

B:  slice of honey 7 grain toast spread with a wedge of LC and a HB egg

S:  Bumble Bee sensations spicy Thai chili tuna pouch

L:  shrimp with a redneck remoulade sauce I threw together this morning, 34 degree crackers and a Cabot reduced fat cheddar cheese stick

D:  big ol' salad with cucumbers, grape tomatoes, shredded cheddar, roasted chicken breast and avocado cilantro dressing

TOTALS:  Cals:  848  Protein:  83  Carbs:  57  Fat:  30

Dear God, give me the strength to stick to this meh menu, to not graze or eat the donuts that are sitting out in the work kitchen, to not have a vodka soda after dinner and to otherwise make good choices today.  Amen.  LOL

chassibi
on 6/21/16 5:35 am

Kristen, your posts always make me laugh. I had to think about IDGAF--got it. I haven't read Harry Potter (ashamed face here), guess I will have to add it to my reading list. I LOVE to read. Got up at the crack of dawn to go to 5am hot yoga this morning, I hate it and I like it...seems like a good mix. Last night we went to my parents and pulled weeds out of our shared garden for about 2 hours, am feeling pretty optimistic since I couldn't do that last year without passing out!

QOTD: We have a ****zu baby girl named Sophie. I think she was the runt of the litter, because she's about 5 pounds, mostly fluff. She's adorable. She hates to poop outside though so I randomly find little piles of poop under my bed, in my closet. She's lucky I love her and she's tiny is all I know. We also have a black cat named Zeus, and my son is trying to convince us to adopt his girlfriend's German Shepherd pup (her Dad doesn't like it) also. J will have to install the underground fence we've had in our basement for a decade if we go that route. She's a big dog.

B- premier protein shake

L- other part of my qdoba naked burrito bowl from yest (no rice)

D- 1/3 c chicken salad

S- cheddar cheese stick

S- triple zero yogurt

Totals: Cals-752; protein-71; carbs-45; fat-28

E- 90 min yoga

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

melissasue1982
on 6/21/16 5:37 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Hey Gang, I was out yesterday with a sick Elliot.  I had to bring him to Urgent Care on Sunday because he was having trouble breathing.  We have suspected he has allergies for a while, but I guess maybe we need to add asthma to that list!    They gave him a neb treatment and it helped him breath better for a little bit.  But I am trying to get him into the pediatrician before we leave for Maine on Friday.  ugh ugh

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your big kid!!!

QOTD: I would like to say I am a Gryffindor, but I would probably be a Hufflepuff.  As far as pets, we have 2 rats and 2 fish.  Hubby is allergic to cats and dogs.  And to be honest, I have enough little humans to keep alive, I dont think I could handle a dog or cat! lol

I am UP 8.2 lbs right now from goal, this weekend was once again a carb fest.   GGRRRR  I know its not all real weight, but still, it needs to GO AWAY before we leave for vacation.  blah

14+ months since surgery

M1: Protein shake

M2: Protein shake

M3: Protein shake

M4: Protein shake

M5: low carb trader joe's whole wheat wrap, 2oz homemade pulled pork w/ slice of american cheese

Totals: Cals: 872  Protein: 139  Carbs: 37  Fat: 22

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

AngryViking
on 6/21/16 5:50 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Aww, poor Elliot!  Here's hoping he's feeling better and the ped can squeeze you in!

Emiepie
on 6/21/16 6:50 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Hope your lil guy feels better soon.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Capogirl
on 6/21/16 8:14 am

Oh poor little guy.  I hope he is feeling better soon.

Grim_Traveller
on 6/21/16 5:38 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Happy birthday to your son!

My geodesic print flouncy skirt is at the dry cleaners, or I'd be wearing it too.

I have no idea what any of the HP houses mean. But here is a little quiz that tells you into which house you would best fit:

http://www.thealmightyguru.com/Reviews/HarryPotter/Docs/Quiz -House.html

Courtesy of Julie (Sparklekitty).

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Queen JB
on 6/21/16 5:42 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Take the quiz--I'm curious. I have you pegged as a Gryffindor. 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Grim_Traveller
on 6/21/16 6:11 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Ravenclaw-13

Hufflepuff-12

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

AngryViking
on 6/21/16 5:59 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Hufflepuff!  I knew it!  LOL

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 538 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 525 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 411 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?