What's on your Saturday menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 7/30/16 4:40 am, edited 7/30/16 4:52 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good Morning! Ah...I've finally earned a lazy weekend and I'm so excited to relax by the pool and do crossword puzzles for the next two days #wordnerd :)

My weight is at 118, which is the high end of my comfort range in maintenance this week. I'm not sure if it was the little indulgences from last weekend adding up, or just my body being *****y. I'm inclined to think "*****y" but I'm going to watch it and make better choices. 

I'm also making a recommitment to exercise. I've been really lazy lately. Skipping the gym and doing quick runs around the block instead of really pushing myself. Yesterday a few of us signed up for a "virtual" half marathon, which you do whenever/wherever it's convenient for you. I'm happy for the motivation and the supportive team of ladies here who will keep me honest :)

QOTD: Board games! What are your favorites? I am an aforementioned #wordnerd, so I love Scrabble and Bananagrams best. But I also can get into a good game of Pictionary, Trivial Pursuit and Monopoly. Unfortunately, I'm ridiculously competitive and no one ever wants to play with me. Whomp whomp...

I really don't have an eating plan yet because it's been weeks since I went to the grocery store, but I wanted to get us started... I'll come back later and post what I actually put on the menu!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

chassibi
on 7/30/16 5:06 am
Good morning JB! Happy weekend to us all. I'm sitting at the urgent care with my kids to get sports physicals and because little Z is sick. Hopefully not strep, that's what I'm thinking though. Looks to be a rainy day here so may just hunker down at home and watch movies this evening. B- 3 pieces bacon I'm working on now and Irish tea with SF creamer L- 3 oz southwest grilled chicken D- grilled cod packet (tried salmon last night and even though it tasted wonderful and was super moist I still yacked it up 30 minutes later. I'm sad, I want to be able to eat salmon but it looks like a no go for me). Have a great day!

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Queen JB
on 7/30/16 5:13 am
RNY on 07/20/15

One day in Kindergarten and he's already sick? Poor peanut!

I think I probably told you this already but salmon is on my "nope, never ever, ever, ever again" list. :(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Emiepie
on 7/30/16 10:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Bummer that you have a sick kiddo and that you got I'll, hope you both feel better.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

chassibi
on 7/30/16 5:08 am
Ahh, Clue is my favorite board game. I also like Monopoly. Maybe we will play a board game tonight, sounds fun!

karenp8
on 7/30/16 5:20 am - Brighton, IL

My favorite board game is Clue for sure with Monopoly a close second. Lily and I have our 3.2 miles in already and I'll do another 1.5 after dinner by myself. Plans today are a cowboy shoot with hubby. Here's the eats B1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz hamburger and cheese rollups 1/2 c tomatoes D 31/2 oz pulled pork 1/2 c green beans S mission one chocolate brownie protein bar.  Have a great day everyone and make some amazing choices! 

Deanna798
on 7/30/16 5:22 am
RNY on 08/04/15

Morning JB. I'm feeling pretty discouraged today.  Don't let anyone tell you that you can't put on 10 pounds in a week, because i just did it.  

So, this morning in recommitting to back on track. That means going completely protein forward, weighing and measuring everything,  and the big this is no mindless snacking.  

I know I'm going to have some serious carb withdrawals,  but I'm so scared after seeing the number 172.4 on the scale that I'm going to be super tight with my plan. 

1 year surgiversary is this week. 

quest protein shake made with almond milk and a light and fit for breakfast .  Coffee with SF coffeemate

Shrimp ****tail for lunch

Chicken breast for dinner

Cucumbers and feta and a premier protein vanilla for snacks. 

Totals

Calories 770 protein 129 carbs 26 fat 22

I have like zero food in the house,  so I'll be running shopping here soon to pick up the staples. 

JBQOTD i like monopoly and Life. I LOVE scrabble, but my hubby doesn't care for it and my oldest kid is dyslexic,  so i never play.  We do play Yahtzee sometimes.  But mostly i don't get to play because my toddler is needy. The baby has a cute game called The Sneaky Snacky Squirrel. He doesn't follow the rules yet, but we play it occasionally.  

Have a great weekend everyone!

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

chassibi
on 7/30/16 5:26 am
Deanna I'm sure being on vacay for a week has done it and a few pounds have to be water. Don't get discouraged, it's a new day. Do it!

Laura in Texas
on 7/30/16 7:04 am

I can definitely put on 10 pounds in a week. I do find when I gain it that quickly, it is easier to lose than the stubborn weight we already have. Buckle down and it will be gone soon!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Ereiam
on 7/30/16 8:09 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Vacation is hard. I lived on protein bars on my last trip but now that I gave those up I don't know what I'll eat on this long road trip coming up. Beef jerky?

Others are right, it's probably mostly water and will come off quickly. Don't be discouraged!!

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 485 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 443 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 452 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 395 views