New to OH

HippieDreads
on 8/21/16 10:15 am

I am at the beginning of my journey. I have to see if my family doctor has a record of 6 months of dieting. If not I will have to start over. My husband is joining me in this journey.  We are having the same surgery. He has his 6 months of dieting so he may be getting his surgery before me which is fine with me. I can be his support until I get my surgery then we will be in it together. I'm ready for a change. SO many things in my life have changed already this is just one more thing to add to the positivity going on in my life. I hope I can get my surgery sooner rather than later but either way I'm determined to make it this time. See I'm a second surgery chicky. I had the sleeve three years ago and only lost 30 lbs with it. Now I'm having Ryn. I"m looking forward to it. I have to do all the testing and stuff. I had my first appointment and my next appointment is in september.  Any medical stuff that I can get done before then I will get done. I've been approved for the surgery from the surgeon and the insurance company said they would cover me for the second surgery. I'm looking forward to it but I'm nervous because i'm going into this being vegetarian this time. I hope I can keep up on all my vitamins and nutrients being vegetarian. I have a feeling i'm going to be doing shakes forever. I can live with that, they never really bothered me.  Any way I'm glad to be here. Hope to get to know you all and we can do this together. I love that this place is supportive. I know I will need it going through this a second time.

Karen9849
on 8/21/16 1:58 pm

Hello, welcome.  I'm new as well waiting for my surgery 9/14.  Yes without meat, I think your right about the shales. Lol

That's great that you and your husband are doing it together.  I will be cooking great meals for mine while knawing on a tiny piece of meat.  Hopefully you will get your date soon. There is alot of information here, I have learned alot these last few months.

Good luck to both of you, 

HippieDreads
on 8/23/16 8:38 am

THank you!!! I"m excited to get going. I feel like it's goimg to take forever but before I know it I will be on the losing side of the scale for a nice change.

White Dove
on 8/21/16 2:45 pm - Warren, OH

Look into Dr Garth Davis for his suggestions on vegetarian weight loss post-op.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

HippieDreads
on 8/23/16 8:39 am

THanks for the tip I"m goimg to check him out now , why wait. :D

Emiepie
on 8/22/16 7:00 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Welcome! I would lost with OH. Hope you visit and post often.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

CathyV
on 8/22/16 9:01 am

Hi! Newish here too, my surgery is 8/29.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Kathy S.
on 8/22/16 11:06 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Let us know if you need anything!  It's so GREAT you are doing this with your husband.  Sometimes the hardest part is when 1 person has the surgery and they are living and eating a certain way and the rest of the family is not. To have that built in support is wonderful.

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

HippieDreads
on 8/23/16 9:10 am

My living situation has changed since my last surgery. When I had my first surgery I was surrounded by my husband who was a junk food addict, and my daughter who's idea of healthy was eating cheetos cuz there is "CHEESE" in them so they must be healthy and fried everything. That made success very difficult. this time around my husband is going through surgery with me and my daughter no longer lives with me but now my health nut son ( i say that with love ) lives with me. I just called my doctor and I have to start the 6 month diet all over. I"m disappointed but I guess it's ok, it will give me experience getting in my protein in while being vegetarian. My husband should be getting his surgery a lot sooner than me cuz he has his six month weigh in. I'm nervous that this surgery won't work but I dont' know how it could possibly not work. I mean I've changed my eating habits already and I'm really trying to get it together. Hopefully this works out. My main concern right now is quitting smoking and not gaining weight. Yikes. 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 420 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 374 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 146 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 408 views
Recent Topics