so far, pretty good

CathyV
on 8/30/16 7:57 am

Supposed to get discharged today. yesterday after surgery went pretty well. Today I had a good bit of nausea and pain...nothing sharp or horrible, just aching badly...from the gas, I guess. But also having a hard time getting my fluids in. They have mea couple of different meds, and something helped, I'm feeling better now. Sip sip sip, walk, walk, walk! looking forward to getting home. I was hoping my parents would keep the gang one more day, but I guess not. 

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Ereiam
on 8/30/16 9:58 am
RNY on 05/16/16

How old are your kids? I had a pretty good plan to get (make) my kiddos help me out and I'd share some ideas but it would help to know their ages.

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

CathyV
on 8/30/16 11:11 am

They are young...11,8,6, and 4. And my 11yo is autistic, so not really 11, lol. My 8yo is the most helpful.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Ereiam
on 8/30/16 12:26 pm
RNY on 05/16/16

You have your hands full! I had the same ages 10 years ago. I was thinking, if I had had the surgery ten years ago, what would I ask my kids to do? I would get them to walk up and down the block with me 3 or 4 times a day for a start. Are you able to sleep during the day? I know that movies were my friend during those years. You are going to need to rest and naps the first few weeks.

Does your 8 yo like to help? If so have him/her bring you water, SF popsicles, etc. If you assign that job, it will help you to keep on track getting your fluids. 

Do you have a plan for meals? My advice is to use a lot of paper plates and don't sweat home cooked food right now. I wish I was there and I would bring you dinner for a couple of nights. 

You will start to feel better quickly and as the weight drops off you will have so much energy for your little ones!!

SW: 270 CW: 181.4 GW: 165

RNY 5/16/16

BE NOT AFRAID JPII

CathyV
on 8/30/16 6:22 pm

Thanks! I did get a bunch of frozen stuff for meals. I also ordered a box full of DVDs so we can have movie/nap for mom time, lol. 

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Karen9849
on 8/30/16 2:12 pm

Cathy, not sure what part of the Country you live in, but do the kids start school this week? Can a friend or another parent drop them off and pick them up for you?  If so, sleep as much as you can during the day to get your strength back.  I agree with the popping a movie on when you can, and assigning chores to each child to help you.  Kids like to feel important have tasks to help out.

It will be tough, but in the long run its soooo going to be worth it.

Hang in there, and remember to take care of you first.

CathyV
on 8/30/16 6:25 pm

We homeschool! Lol. My mom took them last night and the night before. I was hoping she'd keep them one more night but I think she was worn out. My husband has missed so much time as it is from all these other things. I think we will make it. It may be ugly but we will get through.

HW- 375

SW- 358

GW- 175

Karen9849
on 8/31/16 3:47 am

Yes, that will be tough to have them all day, but you have come this far, push through it.  One day at a time.  We are here if you need to vent. Lol

Gavs50
on 8/30/16 10:44 am

Congratulation on the next chapter of your journey !  It will feel good to get home I'm sure. Glad to hear everything went well.  

CJ On Orcas
on 8/30/16 2:19 pm
RNY on 09/09/16

... And hey, your kids still have a mother!  Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 292 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views
Recent Topics