What's On Your Thursday Menu, RNYers?

AngryViking
on 9/29/16 6:10 am
RNY on 07/17/14

I'm about to start training a new girl today, so I have like -0- time to post.  I also flew out of the house like a banshee this morning without any foodstuffs, so my menu is a big ol' ? 

QOTD!  I'm going to bring the room down for a bit.  How do you deal with a bully?  My terrific kid has been on the receiving end of some crap treatment from one of the boys in his class.  There are like 22 kids in the class, and they've all pretty much been together since Kindergarten, and this POS has been an issue since day 1.  We've been through it with every teacher, 2 different principals and the school counselor.  Every incident has been "addressed" and the stock answer we are given is that everyone is hopeful it doesn't happen again.  inserteyerollhere  Well, last night my son had what I can only refer to as an emotional breakdown.  He told us that this **** kid exposed himself to him on the bus.  Exposed as in penis out.  He said he told the principal (who is an effing NUN) and she essentially said there was nothing she could do and that there was no proof and it was Michael's word against the other POS.  I am positively apoplectic at this point.  Matt e-mailed Sister Cristina and said if he doesn't hear back from her by 10 he's going to the police.  Michael doesn't even want to go back to school if this asshole kid is there.  Is it wrong to want to throat punch an 11 year old?

Discuss.  LOL

Kakesie
on 9/29/16 6:20 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Wow, Kristen, I'd be furious, too!  It sounds like that kid has some serious mental problems!  Your son should not have to deal with this kids's ****!  I don't have any advice.  I think Matt was right to consider going to the police!  

My menu today is:

Breakfast:  Crepe with fresh peaches, cream cheese & cool whip

Lunch:  Lettuce & spinach salad w/ tomato, bacon, chicken & ranch dressing

Dinner:  Homemade burrito

Snack:  Oiko's Triple Zero greek yogurt

Snack:  2 string cheese sticks

Snack:  Moon cheese

Snack:  sugar-free pudding w/ cool whip

Exercise:  Walking the dogs around the subdivision.

Have a great day everyone!

~ Karen  

AngryViking
on 9/29/16 7:05 am
RNY on 07/17/14

OMG, your breakfast.  swoon

Kakesie
on 9/29/16 10:19 am
RNY on 02/19/16

I was inspired to try crepes by someone on the Wednesday menu board.  (Sorry, I can't remember who it was right now).  First time I have ever made them.  They were YUMMY!  

pammieanne
on 9/29/16 6:31 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

Our schools are failing us... and it sounds as though he goes to a private school (NUN), and I always thought it was better there. So, if the school is failing you, do you known the parents of this little scum? I mean, yes, it would be hard to keep a level brain if you went to them, but maybe they are blissfully unaware that their little scum is such a turdbag... maybe you need to ask them to a cup of coffee (or a few tequila shots) and talk to them about this? Or, as your husband has suggested, the police might be a good answer. It's SO DAMNED HARD to deal with this crap, because our schools are forced to be so politically correct, that they're not able to keep control anymore. I'm SO SORRY your son is dealing with this. That is heartache to the highest degree for both you and him. My heart aches just reading what you wrote 

I too walked out of the house this morning with nothing more than a banana shake for breakfast! Hey, 7:30am conference call Thursday usually means my head is barely screwed on... I guess I'll wing it for lunch, but I'll be good, this I know.

B: Banana Premier Protein Shake

L: TBD

D: Probably, most likely, 2.7oz of steak because that pot roast didn't sit well last night, so I won't be having leftovers like the rest of my crew.

Weight this morning... 183.4 (Only 3.4 more lbs until I hit the 'overweight' category on the BMI charts!)

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

AngryViking
on 9/29/16 7:09 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Since we've been around the same kids for years now I do know his mom and she is a skank.  Sorry, not sorry.  I think the dad's in prison.  For real; drugs or something.  I pay $471.50/month for this bull****

pammieanne
on 9/29/16 7:15 am - OK
RNY on 05/16/16

UGH. I completely understand. Skanks are hard to deal with... I can almost visualize her now  I envision her as being my ex husband's new wife! Complete skank 

I hope something can be done... and I hope your son can get through this. Maybe he needs to snap a picture of the scum with his pants down next time... or just look at him and laugh when he pulls it out. (of course, perhaps a few karate classes first are in order for your son so he can defend himself).

Height 5'5" HW 260 SW 251 CW 141.6 (2/27/18)

RNY 5-16-16 Pre-Op 9lbs, M1-18.5lbs, M2-18.1lbs, M3-14.8lbs, M4-10.4lbs, M5-9.2lbs, M6-7lbs, M7-6.2lbs, M8-8.8lbs,M9-7.8lbs, M10-1 lb, M11-.6lbs, M12-4.4lbs

AngryViking
on 9/29/16 7:24 am
RNY on 07/17/14

Legit, if you are 40 and wearing sweatpants with "Juicy" across your ass, well... 

And what makes me want to cry is how pure my son is.  He for real does not understand why anyone would do or say something just for the sake of making the other person uncomfortable.  sobs  I need to hug him right now.

NYMom222
on 9/29/16 8:00 am
RNY on 07/23/14

{{hugs}} I say this all the time, I so relate to you and your son... reminds me sooooo much of me and my son when he was growing up. My son was a sweetheart and got bullied too, not in school but by a neighborhood kid, who didn't even actually live in the neighborhood but his grandmother lived 2 doors down from me....and she babysat a lot.

I had to use different tactics of telling my son to walk away and come home...and/or stand up for himself verbally without arguing/getting into a fight.....because it wasn't in a formal setting.

It is hard with kids because on one hand you are like "oh! No!" and have to protect your kid, and on the other hand you look at what this kid is dealing with in his life- and get that they don't have love/support/good direction any and all of the above. That is why I say making a stink may actually help this kid in the end, because someone will step in and get them help... which obviously the Mom has her own set of issues and can't help her own kid.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Queen JB
on 9/29/16 11:12 am
RNY on 07/20/15

On vacation (at the m&m store in Times Sq...shut up...) I suddenly became the proud owner of some m&m pajamas that say "adorable" across the ass. I am 42. 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 516 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 397 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?