What's on the Menu today (Thursday) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 10/20/16 4:30 am, edited 10/20/16 4:59 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning my awesome menu posters!  Happy One Day to the weekend, its Thursday!  How is everyone?   Its only supposed to go up to 59 degrees today and rain.  I love rain but I hate commuting in the rain and rainy days make me want to sit around in my PJs, no bra, no makeup, hair in a ponytail and drink hot coffee and watch movies all day long LOL LOL My beloved Blue Jays lost last night to Cleveland, sad for us but the Indians were amazing in the playoffs so there is always next year!   In about a half hour I am going for part 2 of 3 of my second Iron Infusion to get my Ferrtin up.  I am not hopeful that I am going to get a huge raise in my Ferrtin but as long as these Iron Infusions raises it up then it's going in the right direction!

QOTD: Do you have article of clothing that you fear or hate to wear?  I will explain... so pre surgery when I was MO I refused to wear the following: Nylons, belts, skirts/dresses and button down blouses.  Nylons because I could never get a size big enough to go over my thunder thighs and not have the crotch part hanging down to my knees.  Belts, well I refused to wear anything tucked in so I never needed a belt. I didn't wear skirts or dresses as I had this fear that because I could not see my back side I would be one of those women walking out of the washroom with my skirt stuck in my underwear and people would just laugh at me and snicker and say under their breath "oh look at that stupid fat girl".  And gave up wearing button down blouses because I could never get one that did not pull over my breast area and I always had the gap and you could see my bra through that huge gap!  And to buy a shirt that big to go over my breast well I might as well have bought a tent!  I am happy to report I do wear all of those things now.  I still have an very strong "fear" of tucking things into my pants, so I still don't wear belts, I hate nylons, they just suck, I end up putting a fingernail through them putting them on and I have quite a few beautiful dresses and I have worn them but the whole time I am wearing them I have this dialogue in my head "can people hear my thighs rubbing together, is my butt too big, does this make me look fat, can you see my extra skin on my stomach and thighs in this dress?" Yes the "fat girl" brain just does not want to go away it seems.

Time since surgery: 2 years & 11 months

B: two eggs made into egg salad with a bit of mayo eaten with a spoon

S: one babybel cheese

L: can of solid white tuna (tuna is back!!) with balsamic dressing

S: one babybel cheese

D: 4oz of roasted chicken breast with A1 sauce and ½ cup of broccoli with lots of butter!

S: two eggs made into egg salad with a bit of mayo eaten with a spoon and a Protein Hot Chocolate (Health Smart Brand) before bed

TOTALS: 858 calories, 118 protein, 7 carbs, 41 fat

PatchMD Vitamin Patches are on (Multi, Iron, B12, VitD/Calcium)

Liquids: 4 coffees done, lots of ice water with Diet (sugar free) Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice mixed in throughout the day

Exercise: if it's still raining when I get home I will have to skip hiking the dogs but if no rain will take the dogs out

**Photo Friday tomorrow friends, it's our "before & after", even if you are a newbie please post some pics for us!**

Have an awesome day everyone, keep smiling!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

ttfan
on 10/20/16 5:11 am
RNY on 08/15/16

I have been retired since 2011 so I basically live in jeans and t shirts or sweater's, Back in the day I hated panty hose though, I am glad that woman now go without them!

Breakfast
93% Lean Hamburg Patty, 2 oz
Cambell's Healthy Request - Tomato Soup, 0.25 cup
Cauliflower 0.25 cup
Chopped Tomatoes, 0.13 cup
Lunch
Lean Beef Meatballs, 2 meatball
Dinner
chili, 1 serving(s)
Snacks
Quest Protein Powder - Salted Carmel
Lite and Fit Greek Yogurt, 1 container

Totals cal 648 carbs 29 pro 71

High weight 335,Surgery weight 293.5,

M1- 24.5 lb,. M2 14, M3-9.5, M4- 7.5, M5- 6.5

Daisydoo02
on 10/20/16 6:49 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I sure hope you are enjoying your retirement!  Living in jeans and sweaters sounds divine!  I think I have to go to 2036 (well that is what my Pension papers say LOL).

Great looking menu. I LOVE Campbell's tomato soup, I remember as a kid a bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich went hand in hand, my Mon was all about "comfort food' and its still a fav of mine but now I just eat the soup.

Keep up the great work!

ttfan
on 10/20/16 10:09 am
RNY on 08/15/16
On October 20, 2016 at 1:49 PM Pacific Time, Daisydoo02 wrote:

I sure hope you are enjoying your retirement!  Living in jeans and sweaters sounds divine!  I think I have to go to 2036 (well that is what my Pension papers say LOL).

Great looking menu. I LOVE Campbell's tomato soup, I remember as a kid a bowl of tomato soup and a grilled cheese sandwich went hand in hand, my Mon was all about "comfort food' and its still a fav of mine but now I just eat the soup.

Keep up the great work!

I retired early, but I am getting bored, I think I will find a part time job in the Spring just to get out for a few hours a day

ttfan
on 10/20/16 10:28 am
RNY on 08/15/16
On October 20, 2016 at 1:49 PM Pacific Time, Daisydoo02 wrote:

Keep up the great work!

I made my version of American chop suey, it normally has macaroni, which I switched out with cauliflower, it was really good!  If I am going to eat hamburger as a burger or meatballs I use 80/20 burger because it is much more moist!

Teena D.
on 10/20/16 9:04 pm - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Daisy I will be right behind you in 2037! Lol. If I work to 65 which seems likely. I have a pension but I also have a job I like. My hubby works in retail so I'd like for him to be able to retire first. 

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Grim_Traveller
on 10/20/16 8:15 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Early out, I tried 93 percent hamburger. Never again. It was like sawdust. Apparently, fat is delicious.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

mschwab
on 10/20/16 9:31 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Ha! I eat 96% hamburger. Delicious!

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Grim_Traveller
on 10/20/16 5:52 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

karenp8
on 10/20/16 5:12 am - Brighton, IL

Chilly today here in Illinois supposed to have a high of 60 but our rain has stopped so Lily and I were able to get our 3 plus miles in already. I have food pantry at 9 this morning and as soon as we are done at 11 we are hopping in the camper and heading out of town to northern Illinois again for a Saturday and Sunday shoot at Little York. We'll see some sights on the way too and enjoy the fall colors as well. When we come back to town Monday we may do laundry and head off to the nearby state park to enjoy some time with friends who camp too if the weather is good. Since I will be without Internet after today I'll post my before and after here. Post op 4 years and almost 2 months and weight at 117.4 today. Here's the food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 31/2 oz deli turkey and cheese roll up 1/2 c green beans D 31/2 oz pork chops with 1/2 c carrots S mission one chocolate brownie protein bar. QOTD I used to never wear color,tuck in shirts or wear belts. Now a belt is essential to hold my pants up over my skinny butt. I'm with you on the fat girl brain,Daisy. There are still some days when I feel fat,even though I know by the numbers on the scale that that is not true. At over 4 years out though,those days are few and far between now and tend to be days where I don't feel well. My after picture is a new outfit that is definitely out of my comfort zone that I found at a small boutique. It's a purple plaid floor length skirt made out of recycled curtains and trimmed with a bandana and a taffeta drawstring belt and a bright purple top trimmed with a matching ruffle. It's a local designer and she calls her stuff twisted threads because it's all repurposed items put together in a new way. If you had told me 4 years ago I'd wear a bright plaid skirt I would have told you you were delusional !  Before and after to come. Weight in the before 272 and the after 118.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 569 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 361 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 271 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 459 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 375 views
Recent Topics