What's on your Menu today (PHOTO FRIDAY) RNYers?

Daisydoo02
on 10/21/16 4:29 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning menu friends!! Happy Friday! It's going to be 51 and rain here in Toronto today!  I had to wear gloves this morning and put my seat heater on in the car, so begins my "I am frozen" all the time. What plans do you all have for the weekend?  I actually don't know what we are doing, it's a free weekend for us, might just putter around, clean my car, go for a hike with the dogs.  Today is "Photo Friday-Before & After", let's see your pics!  My before pic is of me and my niece in Florida after we ate at the Olive Garden from 2011 and were being goofy, and one of me with my dogs in our local dog park, yes that is me in the bright pink hoodie, this was from 2010.  My after pic is from a couple of weeks ago, hubby and I were on our way to his cousins wedding, hence being dressed up.  Can't wait to see all your photos today!

QOTD: Do you feel you are more sensitive, less sensitive, or the same amount of Sensitivity to people you encounter daily that are SMO/MO.  For me personally I think I am more sensitive. I honestly never noticed big people before when I was MO, was it because I just felt like everyone else because I was MO too?  I don't know. Now though I feel like everywhere I look I see such big people. I see the struggle on their faces as they try to walk up a few stairs, I see the panic look they have when they get on to the subway and see there are no seats that they will fit into. I see people sweating buckets on cold days when I am "frozen" and putting another layer on and they are waking around in shorts & t-shirts in January. And it breaks my heart. I want to run over and say "I was you once, I had WLS, life is amazing now, it can be for you too!"  I don't say anything because we live in a society that does not encourage taking to strangers and certainly not about weight issues. But it does bother me when I see someone big struggling, I think everyone deserves to be healthy and out of pain. 

Time since surgery: 2 years & 11 months

B: 2 hard boiled eggs with SF ketchup

L: can of solid white tuna with balsamic dressing

S: 2 babybel cheese

D: 4 oz of tandoori chicken with 1/2 cup salad

S: 2 hard boiled eggs with SF ketchup & Protein hot chocolate 

TOTALS: 858 calories, 118 protein, 7 carbs, 41 fat

PatchMD vitamin patches are on (multi, iron, B12, VitD/Calcium)

Liquids: 4 coffees done (1 with Miralax) and lots of ice water with SF cranberry juice all day

Exercise: Going for a run after work, I NEED to get back to working out and I feeling better so I am going to go for 2-3km and see how I feel

Have an amazing weekend my friends, see you back here bright and early on Monday! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Insert Fitness
on 10/21/16 4:56 am

Morning everyone!

we're on the road to Boston to visit friends for the weekend! So it should be a fun weekend! No pics from me yet, I need to do it from a desktop.

qotd: this is a tough one for me. Yes I want to talk about my surgery all the time, and I'm very open when people ask questions. But also, still being obese, I'm maybe a little closer to this than some of you, and I might feel differently in a year. Please don't approach people to discuss their weight or offer unsolicited advice. It doesn't work. There isn't a fat person in the world who doesn't know it. And the last thing I would ever want is someone to call attention to it.

Also, yes some people struggle daily. But I really dislike the idea of the one dimensional fat person who just doesn't know enough to take care of themselves. It isn't accurate and is kind of insulting ( I know that's not what you mean, but it is the universal stereotype in the media) and the idea of being pitied makes me cringe.

i definitely feel evangelical about surgery and want to spread the good word hahah I know that what you're saying is coming from a caring place, I rant more for the benefit of those who might act on the impulse. 

Menu:

B protein shake

and the rest is up in the air. It's my first real time away from home post op, but it will be protein forward!

have a great weekend!

Daisydoo02
on 10/21/16 5:16 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Enjoy your trip to Boston, we went there in July for the first time and it was amazing!!

Good luck with your meals and liquids its hard to eat on the road and being away from routine, Good luck, safe travels!

peachpie
on 10/21/16 4:58 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

You look wonderful daisydoo!! 

Weekend: usual bowling and piano for the kids. Temps are supposed to dip here tomorrow- and its supposed to be windy. I hate running in high winds, so I may do my workout the trainer gave me instead. I'm headed to a high school open house for my son in a few. 

Qotd: I feel sympathetic when I see Obese folks now. Like you, before I just blended in- didn't see anyone (except the "perfect" bodies-- and I wondered how the he'll they fit them!) now, I don't see everyone big as struggling-- I think we all have are moments, but I don't think every minutes is a struggle for folks. 

17 months post op

weigyt today 193.8

m1: egg mcmuffin from mcdonalds- minus 1/2 the muffin 

m2- 2 chicken tenders (scrounging leftovers from the fridge

m3: spaghetti-- no noodles 

m4: a snack-- not sure what

my surgery day/now pic: 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Insert Fitness
on 10/21/16 5:20 am

You're always able to say what I'm thinking, with a lot fewer words! I need to work on my conciseness hahah.

great photos too!

Daisydoo02
on 10/21/16 5:21 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Peach you look amazing, you have done such a fabulous job!  Congrats that is quite the transformation!

Running in the wind sucks I agree, do the workout your trainer gave you.  Good luck with the open house!

I love to bowl, maybe I will see if hubby is up for it this weekend, thanks for the idea!  Have a great weekend!

Kakesie
on 10/21/16 6:40 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Great pictures, Peach!!!  You've done AWESOME!!!

achelle131
on 10/21/16 6:46 am
RNY on 08/30/16

looking good!

RNY: 8/30/2016, Consult Wt: 263 lbs, Surgery Wt: 243 lbs, Current Wt: (3/8/17) 166 lbs, Goal Wt: 150 lbs

M1: -26 lbs, M2: -10 lbs, M3: -9 lbs, M4: -16 Lbs, M5: -12 lbs, M6: -4 lbs,

NYMom222
on 10/21/16 12:58 pm
RNY on 07/23/14

Great job Peach!

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

Daffodilgirl
on 10/21/16 5:12 am

Good morning Daisy and menu friends. Today is suppose to start the cooling off trend. The High today is 68. I am not excited over this at all!!
Daisy your photos are a true inspiration. You were beautiful before but WOW!!!!

QOTD- I am more sensitive now I think. I see people and I know how hard it is to try to keep up with three little kids and be SMO. I see their face when they try to fit in a roller coaster seat and the attendant ask them to get off because it won't buckle. Or when somebody tries to slide into a booth at a restaurant and they won't fit and they have to get up and move. Been there way to many times myself. No not everybody is struggling when they are SMO or MO but all I know is my life is a lot easier now and I thank God for the WLS I had.

Time since surgery 7 months weight today 173.6. Finally moving again the way it should.

B- 1/2 Fried egg and 1 piece of bacon

L- 1 Deviled egg with extra pepper

D- I'm not sure yet. We will be traveling to a rodeo so I have to think about this.

S- 1/2 of a deviled egg

I hope everybody has a fantabulous day and weekend!!

Surgery date March 4, 2016

S.W 309.8

C.W. 143.2

"Oh give thanks to the Lord for he is good!"

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?