What's on your Saturday Menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 12/3/16 4:46 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning to my favorite weekend menuers! I am just absolutely giddy that it is Saturday---I can hardly stand it! I'm not sure why I think I have any relaxing in my future... Mr. Grim has big plans to renovate my old condo to help upgrade it enough to be competitive on the rental market. He told me we were going to paint some rooms this weekend, which I thought meant slapping a coat of paint on with a roller. Um, boy was I wrong! He is a total professional and showed up with an entire truck filled with tools (including a GIANT portable light), and spent into the wee hours, scraping paint off and spackling to get the room prepped. Apparently this is going to be quite a project...

But here is proof that we clean up nicely when we aren't in our painty-clothes! These are the proofs from a wedding we went to in October (that's why there is a watermark). 

So let's talk paint colors. My condo has been in a neutral off-white/beige (boooooring) for the entire time I've lived here. But before that, I had a gorgeous place in the city that was jewel toned--an apricot living room, sage dining room, deep magenta hallway, a baby blue kitchen. I've missed that vibrancy! So today we are going to do one of the bedrooms in a soft yellow, the other in a nice sage and the hallway in Wedgwood blue. I think it is going to brighten everything up a lot. I am keeping the living room/dining room/kitchen in off-white, because they are all open to each other... QOTD: How is your house painted/wallpapered? Bright and colorful or neutral? 

Since I am now 100% moved out of this house, I actually had to pack an overnight bag to be here this weekend! And of course that means that we have literally no food here, either. Grim packed about 4489307683 Quest bars (ha!) but I am less sure. I have a few protein bars, myself, packed my protein coffee, and leftovers from last night's dinner (chicken quesadilla). I also have food that I didn't eat from yesterday's lunch (yogurt, cheese & nuts), so between all of that I should be able to eke out a decent enough menu. I'll post what I actually had, tomorrow (along with some progress pics of the painting)!

I hope you all have a great day, today!! 

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Insert Fitness
on 12/3/16 5:34 am

Morning weekend crew!

Great photos JB.

I loved, loved, loved all the photos from yesterday!

Qotd: My house is all neutrals. And other than the guest room, it all needs an update. Our wood floors are being redone in the spring ( they are still wax, and we've destroyed them over the past 6 years) So I'd like to repaint it all before that happens. I think I'd like to paper one wall in our bedroom. Mostly neutrals again, but dramatic in the bedroom. Good luck this weekend. Painting is the worst, but so satisfying when it's done!

This weekend is going to be a busy festive one for us, my first real big holiday post op. I think it will be fine. I did have a moment while grocery shopping the other day though. I'm not sure how I'd describe it, kind of lonesome for a feeling for something that will be missing this holiday season. It was a bit of a flash back of how tied together feelings of happiness and celebrating are to certain foods and drinks. It passed quickly, but I'm sure it's going to pop up again. Like any bad relationship, there were good times too. Not sure if that makes sense, but if anyone can relate, it's you guys.

menu:

B: protein shake

L: ham and a scrambled egg

D: turkey! Prob with gravy and the inside of a small piece of tourtière, maybe some carrots and turnip.

happy Saturday all!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

karenp8
on 12/3/16 6:02 am - Brighton, IL

I can't see J Bs post for some reason but my house is all neutrals too. Hubby is not a big fan of color. We made it back from our adventure and had a great time and saw 16 national parks in that time. I even got to stick my feet in the ocean for the first time ever. We visited lots of battlefields this trip,many where my hubby's great great great grandfather fought in the Civil War. Also went to Andersonville where the prison was where he started when he was captured at Altoona Pass.  The cemeteries are so huge that I've decided war is never a good idea. There is no side who wins because the losses are too staggering even for the "winner". Also went to the POW museum at Andersonville. Glad to be home but much cleaning up to do now. Cold this am but Lily and I have our 3 plus miles in already as we did every morning we were gone too. Sometimes our walks were on trails in a state park (Georgia state parks are beautiful by the way) and sometimes they were in shopping mall parking lots (when we stayed at a Walmart or Cabelas) but they were always done. Post op 4 years 3 months and weight at 117.4 today. Here's the food B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 1 c chili D 31/2 oz cheesy link 1/2 c green beans S mission one chocolate brownie protein bar .  Have a great day everyone and make some smart choices ! 

monkam
on 12/3/16 6:08 am
RNY on 02/16/15

You are amazing testament to exercise Commitment Karen!  

mschwab
on 12/3/16 10:05 am
RNY on 11/21/14

"Like any bad relationship, there were good times too." That really resonated with me.  I have to remember that.  For every good thing about my relationship with food, there are 100 bad ones.  

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

monkam
on 12/3/16 6:09 am
RNY on 02/16/15

The lovely woman in the photos looks pretty giddy with her man! Great great pics!

peachpie
on 12/3/16 6:10 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

I love, love, love the pics JB! I've been reading but haven't been able to post-- too busy at work. I've been on my run and am at bowling with the younger. Today they have an orthodontist appoint and then we'll be setting up our tree/ decorating. Christmas just got a little less exciting thanks to having to replace 2 tires on my car. I need 2 more but couldn't afford them ::sigh::

i had a very promising phone interview yesterday- please spare some 'hire her' thoughts my way! This would be the perfect role for me to comfortably transition away from government. 

Qotd: my living room dining room is an oatmeal color. The place needs repainting now and I think I want to go to a sage. My kitchen is a grayish tone and only 93% painted as I couldn't reach behind the fridge/above the cabinets. My boys rooms are khaki- one with green accents, the other with orange accents (their favorite colors). My room is a yellow tone. I'd tried to do a red toned accent wall- but the place needed up looking like a hot dog LOL.

19 months out, 193 weight today

m1: protein shake

m2: tuna, boiled egg, cheese

m3: chicken burgers w/cheese

m4:  ?? 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Queen JB
on 12/3/16 8:09 am
RNY on 07/20/15

DEFINITELY sending good thoughts your way for the job situation! 

The "hot dog" room cracked me up :)

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

cc583
on 12/3/16 1:56 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Wishing you good luck with the job!

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler

Emiepie
on 12/3/16 3:53 pm
RNY on 08/11/14

Sending you new job vibes!!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 454 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 397 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 111 views
Forum Search Error & 404