Question

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 7:02 am
WLS on 10/18/11

I just wanted to ask how the forum feels about posts from others who have not had the same RNY surgery on this forum? To me this seems to be the most active forum and I often come here to read posts and comments but didn't post until today because I am not a fellow RNY'er. Don't want to offend anyone. Is this frowned upon? Thank you.

Dcgirl
on 12/8/16 7:11 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh you are more than welcome here!  There are people with VSG, lap band and DS who post here - no one is excluded!  No matter what type of WLS you had, or even if someone didn't have it but struggles with their weight, the RNY forum is a supportive place and you should join in on the menu thread, which has the most action.  Welcome!

(deactivated member)
on 12/8/16 7:22 am

The common thread that brings us together is having weight loss surgery. We are here to support each other.

Regardless of surgery .One surgery maybe right for one but not others. 

Mahalo F.
on 12/8/16 8:03 am

Welcome!

I have found this forum amazing!

Always "creeping" and so proud of the many successful people in the forum.

They are so informative and supportive...

Real life people who truly have real life experiences.

Mahalo

hollykim
on 12/8/16 8:09 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On December 8, 2016 at 3:02 PM Pacific Time, Brandi Girl wrote:

I just wanted to ask how the forum feels about posts from others who have not had the same RNY surgery on this forum? To me this seems to be the most active forum and I often come here to read posts and comments but didn't post until today because I am not a fellow RNY'er. Don't want to offend anyone. Is this frowned upon? Thank you.

you can post on any public forum that you choose

Teena D.
on 12/8/16 9:46 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

I second the suggestion to join us on the daily menu thread! It's awesome.  What kind of surgery did you have?

RNY Jan 12, 2017 Lost 137 lbs but regained 60.

77 lbs lost and counting!

Losing the regain! I got this!

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 10:22 am
WLS on 10/18/11

I had Gastric Plication surgery. Instead of removing part of the stomach like they do with the sleeve surgery, they just folded my stomach and sewed it smaller. Pretty unheard of even after the 5 years I have had it done. So you can imagine there are no support groups out there for my 'type' of surgery and when I first had my surgery this site was VERY different and posting on other surgery type forums was a VERY BIG issue for some people. This is why I felt the need to ask before I just added my opinion on threads. Thank you to ALL for accepting and welcoming me :)

Teena D.
on 12/8/16 10:27 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

How has it gone for you? 

Brandi Girl
on 12/8/16 10:33 am
WLS on 10/18/11

I am 5 years out (funny but I didn't realize that until this morning, don't know why). I feel the surgery was a GREAT success. That being said, it was not a CURE ALL. Just like any/all the surgery's I'm sure. I have had some weight  regain. Just from my own personal poor food choices, no fault of the surgery! I work hard at staying on track and do pretty well most the time. But I have to always be aware. 

Teena D.
on 12/8/16 10:34 am - Oshawa, Canada
RNY on 01/12/17

Then our daily menu thread will be perfect for you. You could start today!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 342 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 380 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 473 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 390 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?