What's on your Menu today (Tuesday) RNYers? DAY 2 of AMAW/CAMAW

Daisydoo02
on 1/17/17 4:07 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning Menu Crew!  We are getting that freezing rain that a lot of you got this weekend! Even though I have snow tires they are not ice tires so its crazy slippery. Our driveway and street look like an ice rink.  I am still not feeling so hot, my head is better but not 100% yet and thank you all for your well wishes but now I am achy, going between hot & cold, hot & cold and think my body is fighting that cold going around. Well hubby had it last week and as much as I avoided him like the plague and washed my hands like a mad woman and Lysol'd our house germs are germs right, they travel those little buggers!  

So how did you all find AMAW/CAMAW Day 1?  Being that I was home from work I found I was really "snacky" and wanted to graze a lot, but lucky I had all my meat measured & weighed out and I stuck to that and was not hungry at all!!  Eating dense protein is so filling!!! I forgot to post my weight for you all yesterday, I was 128.8 lbs (close to my high end of 130 lbs that I don't want to go over) and today I was 128.1, so a tiny loss but a loss right!  I didn't drink enough yesterday so I need to keep on top of that today.

QOTD: This is more of a story than a question of the day.  So my Dad had a follow up appt with his Cardiologist yesterday, good news is the aortic aneurysm has not grown since the Fall so that is good news and he goes back in 6 months for another follow up!  The bad news is my Dad is MO.  And texting with my Mom yesterday about Dad and she said they were both really happy with the news from the Doctor but of course she says the Doctor stressed that my Dad needs to lose weight.  I have to tell you all I got very emotional and felt so sad for my Dad because like most of us he has tried dieting in the past and sure he looses some weight and then just puts it all back on plus some. My Mom was asking if I could help them design an eating plan and asked for suggestions for exercise, which I am more than happy to do and I suggested for them to start swimming (they are both 73 yrs old) and will give them a protein forward menu. BUT!!!! What upset me so much was it took me back to my pre surgery days, the days of being MO, trying EVERYTHING under the sun to lose weight, fad diets, pills, WW, Jenny Craig, Nutrisystem etc etc and we all know how that worked out for me, it didn't and I needed surgery to really get a handle on it and to (hopefully) keep this weight off the rest of my life.  I don't think WLS is for everyone (it was perfect for me) but for the "normies" out there that struggle with their weight, like my Dad how do they they lose weight and keep it off? I don't have any answers because I know I was a failure with all my diets pre surgery.  Just my random Tuesday thoughts gang. Feel free to discuss and give us your thoughts.

Time since surgery: 3 yrs + 2 months

B: 3.5oz of shrimp + spicy ****tail sauce

L: can of solid white tuna + balsamic dressing

S: 3oz of turkey kielbasa + A1 sauce (not sure if I can finish all this but its weighed out in case)

D: 4 Trader Joes turkey meatballs (YUMMY and crazy filling can probably only eat 2 maybe 3) with 1/3 cup of spaghetti sauce

S: 4 slices of Longos Oven roasted turkey breast + honey mustard

TOTALS: 714 calories, 104 protein, 32 carbs

V: patches are on (multi, iron, B12, vitD & calcium)

L: still drinking black coffee and it still sucks, sorry all you black coffee drinkers! lol + lots of water with SF cranberry juice

E: nada, too icy and still feeling crappy

AMAW Day 2 pics: shrimp for breakfast, (tuna pic is missing cuz you saw it yesterday) kielbasa for snack, turkey meatballs for dinner and turkey deli slices for snack! And a pic for meat week - hubby posted this on FB last night so cute he gets into it too!

Have an awesome day menu crew!  Let's see those AMAW/CAMAW menu & pics!  Be Fabulous today!!! 

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

alston87
on 1/17/17 4:17 am
RNY on 02/27/17

Good morning!

This will be quick because I still have to run copies this morning....

Yesterday I got cleared from Psych and got the require metabolism test done (Guess what....my metabolism is slower than average lol)!

I still have to be cleared by nutrition but that should happen at my appointment next Tuesday.  Then wait for insurance approval.  So hoping beginning of March will be surgery.

At work they sent out an email about a biggest loser contest here at work.....I laughed and thought I should enter since I know my surgery is soon.  But I probably won't lol someone undoubtedly would get mad.

Breakfast: protein shake

Snack: Yogurt and moon cheese

Lunch: P3 pack

Dinner:  Trying again for taco salad (actually put the ground turkey out to thaw today)  Yesterday I was bad and went out to eat instead of cooking.  I was so hungry from not eating before that test and driving home that I did not feel like cooking dinner.  Oh well today is a new day to make better choices!  Hope everyone else has a great day!

HW: 290ish    Consult Weight: 262   Height: 5' 7''

Initial Consult: 12/9/16  RNY:  2/27/17

Emiepie
on 1/17/17 6:33 am
RNY on 08/11/14

That's right, look forward!

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 1/17/17 5:23 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

beginning of march for surgery will be here before you know it!  I love that work places do challenges like "Biggest Loser" I think that is great!  I love taco salad!  Keep working it and coming here!!

pr31
on 1/17/17 4:23 am

Freezing rain is the worst.  Be safe if you have to be out and about and I hope you are feeling better soon.

QOTD:  No advice but I feel your pain.  I good friend of mine was recently diagnosed with an aortic aneurysm and like your Dad, they are watching it and will recheck in 6 months.  She's about the same age as me (late 50's) and has had to deal with a lot in her life.  I'm concerned for her because the doctor has told her no strenuous activity.  She is the lone staff (nursing assistant) on night shift in a small personal care home and sometimes has to lift patients if they fall or need assistance.  She can't afford to leave.  I don't think she can afford to stay.  I've asked her to discuss with her doctor the possibility of disability.  Hoping she has a good outcome.  On a more positive CAMAW, day one went well and I was able to stick to plan.  Let's hope the rest of the week goes as well.  DH is a definite carnivore so he has no issues with lots of meat.

B:  Decaf coffee w/scoop of GNC vanilla cream protein powder

L:  3 oz. pulled port

S:  Chocolate Premier Protein Shake

D:  3-4 oz. grilled chicken

E:  15 miles on the stationary bike

Surgery Date June 3, 2016

HW: 329 W at first consult 290. SW 238, LW 128, CW 139

Daisydoo02
on 1/17/17 5:30 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

thanks pr31 for the well wishes. Oh I so feel for your friend! What a rotten situation to be in. Does her workplace accommodate "light duties" if she was able to get it signed off by her doctor.  No one with an AA should be lifting anything let alone patients!!  So young to have to deal with this, I am sorry.

So happy for you in getting in a successful Day 1 of CAMAW under your belt yahoo!! Awesome that DH loves meat week, perfect!

Looking forward to your menu and pic if you have them tomorrow, keep up the great work!

Insert Fitness
on 1/17/17 4:33 am

Morning everyone!

freezing rain will probably miss us in Ottawa, but it'****ting the outskirts. Most school busses are cancelled in the rural areas.

your qotd broke my heart. It's so hard to see people struggle and in reality, not be able to just fix them. I think the best (read realistic) thing is small manageable changes for a while. Like eliminating x food, and add y minutes of activity per day.  Then after a couple of weeks, change something else. Like, portion control or types of carbs.

One reason I believe many of us fail at any lifestyle change (diet or otherwise) is the drastic all or nothing attitude. The reality is, "all" is not going to happen. But, By making gradual changes, we can build on the momentum. You feel proud that you accomplished x, now y seems possible. 

Having said that, I know your dads condition is serious, and given his age, going gradual might not sound helpful.

menu:

B:premier protein shake

L: tuna with light mayo and peppers

D: I think I'll try making spaghetti meatballs with spaghetti squash

have a great day everyone!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Daisydoo02
on 1/17/17 5:34 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

hope the freezing rain missed you!  I love your insight Erin and your suggestions of "small manageable changes" I think that is a fantastic idea.  Maybe if Dad can do small changes they will be sustainable... I will suggest that to him, thank you!  You hit the nail on the head of "all or nothing" does not work, so true so true.

Good looking menu, love spaghetti sauce & meatballs!!  Keep up the awesome work!

JaxLiving
on 1/17/17 4:35 am - Spanish Fort, AL
RNY on 05/27/16

Yesterday was great! This challenge was exactly what I needed. The protein kept me full and on-track. I started yesterday morning at 146,  (a crazy unexplained bounce-back from 145.6, after I finally broke my stall.) And this morning I'm at 145!!! Yay me!!! 

Today's menu:

B: Cheese

S: Greek Yogurt

L: Premier Protein Shake

S: Cheese

D: Pork Chop

Totals: Calories-645, Protein-83

SW:223, CW: 134.2; GW: 125, RNY: 5/27/16

Daisydoo02
on 1/17/17 5:36 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

So awesome Jax that you are loving the challenge!!  Dense protein is soooo filling right!!! Great menu and looking forward to your menu and post tomorrow to see what Day 3 brings!  Keep up the great work!

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 474 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 440 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 439 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 374 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 104 views
Forum Search Error & 404