What's on your menu today (Wednesday) RNYers? Day 3 of AMAW/CAMAW!

Daisydoo02
on 1/18/17 3:39 am - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

Good morning menu crew! How are you all? I am feeling better, not 100% but better.  This has happened to me before, I don't quite get fully sick, I feel really off and achy, hot cold, headache but not the full blown sick that a lot of people get, its frustrating because it just leaves me feeling drained and blah! But onward!  Thanks everyone for your stories and kind words and suggestions about my Dad from yesterday's post, you all are the best. Thanks from the bottom of my heart. 

I must say many of you are killing this AMAW/CAMAW challenge. I am soooo impressed!  Feedback so far is you are not hungry, you are very full and not feeling the need to eat snacks or carbs, some of you are losing weight.  Its great right! Shows us our WLS "tool" still works, dense protein really does fill you up and this 5 day meat week really is a great way to get back on track if anyone needs a "reset."  I was 128.8 on Monday, 128.1 on Tuesday and 127.0 today, so down 1.8 lbs since Monday.  Meat week is so fun!! Let's see those Day 3 menu's & pics my meaty crew!

QOTD: Do you recycle?  I am an AVID recycler!  We have the large blue recycle bins that we fill up constantly, we do our organic waste and we fill that sucker up all the time as well. I have a special bag on my fridge that is from our city to recycle our batteries.  Our city takes it all in regards to recycling, I know some cities don't accept Styrofoam for example but our city does.  We actually create very little garbage at our house as it all goes into the organic waste or the recycle bin. And I am very particular about it!  I am always after my husband about stuff he will throw out and I will go back and grab it and put it either in the recycle bin or organic waste bin.  My goal each week is to have little to no garbage at all!! We also have a strong and active recycle program at my work and that makes me super happy too!  Anything we can do for the environment right!!

Time since surgery: 3 yrs + 2 months

B: 6 "colossal" shrimp + ****tail sauce

L: can of solid white tuna + balsamic dressing

S: 4 deli slices of oven roasted turkey breast + honey mustard

D: TJs grilled chili & lime chicken burger (I didn't love them, I liked them but not as much as a lot of you!) + sweet heat chili sauce

S: 4 deli slices of oven roasted turkey breast + honey mustard

TOTALS: 751 calories, 109 protein, 24 carbs

V: patches are on (Multi, Iron, B12, Vit D & Calcium)

L: lord I am still suffering through black coffee - 3 more days of this Arrrgggg!  So first coffee is vanilla hazelnut with restoralax & 1 splenda + lots of water with a splash of SF cranberry juice rest of the day

E: hiking the dogs tonight after work, hopefully the park we go to is dried out a bit and dogs wont get too dirty!

Here we are on Day 3 AMAW/CAMAW crew!  On Friday's menu post I will want to know our thoughts on meat week, did you lose any weight and how are you feeling?  Over the weekend I will review all the posts from the week (eeeekkk I will be busy!) and then Crown an AMAW King or Queen and a CAMAW King or Queen, so don't forget to post on Friday!  You can post late if you want as I will be reading it all on the weekend! So much fun right!!! 

Have an awesome day my friends, Be Fabulous today 

pics below are today's eats: shrimp for breakfast, tuna for lunch, chili lime burger for dinner & deli sliced turkey for both my snacks. I must say that I am actually craving the deli slices turkey now, its so yummy and filling!!

Daisy 5'5" HW: 290 SW: 254 CW: 120

Nov 15, 2013: RNY - Toronto Western Hospital, Nov 2, 2017: Gallbladder removal & hernia repair

Sept 7, 2023: three +1 hernia's repaired in bowel

10+ years post op, living & loving life!

Insert Fitness
on 1/18/17 3:51 am

Morning everyone!

Busy day planned. Another round of job applications and emails to recruiters (ugh). Workout at the gym, and then some planning for a euchre tournament/fundraiser my husband I host at a local pub. This is our second year hosting, so it should be pretty straightforward.

qotd: I'd say we are decent recyclers and composters. I also try to be more conscious about the plastic that comes in the house in the first place. But then one trip to Costco, and out the window that goes!

Menu:

B: premier protein shake

L: leftover pulled buffalo chicken breast ( I was inspired by Kat W. to try something. I'll post it in the recipe section)

D: spaghetti squash and meatballs in tomato sauce.

have a great day!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Daisydoo02
on 1/18/17 4:50 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

fingers crossed you get some call backs Erin!!  What time of work are you looking for?  And yay for going to the gym!  Love me some gym time.  That is so awesome you and hubby do a Euchre/fundraiser, I love euchre and would be there in heart beat if it wasn't a 5 hour drive LOL

I can't wait to see your recipe on the buffalo chicken breast!  That is right in my wheel house!

Insert Fitness
on 1/19/17 4:52 am

Thanks! Me too! Well, before I opened the bakery, I worked mostly in the admin side of academic and medical events and educational programming. For example, professional development conferences for knee surgeons. But now there's a 5 year gap between that experience and now. It's been tricky to find the right organization that sees my time as a business owner as an asset rather than a liability. So, I've branched out to other sectors, and lowered my expectations. Hoping if I can get a more junior position, I can build on it.... but I also just applied at a local brewery that I love to do retail and events too. So I'm officially all over the place now hahah. I've also been poking away at a website offering freelance admin. It's pretty common out west, but less so in a government town like Ottawa.

i forgot to post the chicken recipe! I'll do that this morning!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

lykapal
on 1/18/17 4:02 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Good morning! 

QOTD: We don't have much in the way of recycling here in our town, but we do our part by taking cardboard and plastics to the recycle center once a week. I've always considered composting, but my life is just too hectic. I wake up at 5:30 and don't sit still until bedtime around 9. Sadly, we just feed leftovers to the garbage disposal in the sink. :x 

Menu is pretty simple today, because I had salmon and burgers leftover. But after I went to bed the (grown) kids came in the kitchen and ate them up! LOL I might add some pasta sauce to the meatballs, if I feel like cooking for the family today, if not I have some salsa in a jar. I'll adjust later if necessary.

Coffee: 1 regular with 2 tbsp cream. 1 decaf with 2 tbsp cream (120, 0)

B: 1 Egg scrambled in butter, 3 slices Bacon (153, 9)

S: Light n Fit Greek Yogurt (80, 12)

L: Boars Head Black Forest ham rolls with sharp cheddar cheese stick (120, 16)

S: Premier Protein, Chocolate (160, 30)

D: Aidells - Italian Style Chicken Meatballs, 3 meatballs (140, 12)

Shakes: Premier Protein, Chocolate (160, 30)

Calories: 933 Protein: 109

49/F 4' 11" Highest Wt. 183.8--Surgery Wt. 173.0--Current Wt. 115.2--Goal Wt. 115.0

Daisydoo02
on 1/18/17 4:57 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

that's good you take your stuff to the recycle centre once a week. Composting is pretty easy. We do the one that sits under our sink, its not that big but a lot can fit in there when its just table scraps and stuff.  I hear you no the hectic life... I get up between 4:45 - 5am, and have a long commute to work, a long commute home and most nights I get into bed at 10pm sometimes 11pm. Last night I was bad it was 12:15am when I went to bed, Fitbit said I had 4hrs & 38 minutes of sleep, I am not a smart lady sometimes! lol  

Your family must be loving the AMAW/CAMAW as they keep eating your leftovers LOL

Good menu!  Awesome job on the protein numbers! Day 4 here we come!

alston87
on 1/18/17 4:07 am
RNY on 02/27/17

Good morning!

Yesterday I stuck to my plan on my diet :)  I did add some refried beans to my dinner but had planned to do so (just forgot it on here yesterday).  

My husband works for Lowes and yesterday Lowes did a big "restructuring" aka they fired a lot of full time employees and have others that are left fighting for very few positions.  So yesterday was very stressful for my family.  Luckily my husband still has his job as of now.  I definitely wanted to turn to food to comfort yesterday but stayed strong.  That is a big deal for me!  

QOTD:  I am really bad at recycling where I currently live.  When I have lived in city limits and had recycling pick-up I have done much better.  

Exercise:  I did go to the gym this morning...ran 1 mile then alternated running and walking for an additional mile and also worked on weights

B: protein shake

S: P3 pack

L: oikos triple zero yogurt and moon cheese

D:  chicken stir fry and egg roll in  a bowl (my husband also enjoyed this recipe)

Oh and I am down another pound today! :D

HW: 290ish    Consult Weight: 262   Height: 5' 7''

Initial Consult: 12/9/16  RNY:  2/27/17

Emiepie
on 1/18/17 6:20 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Sorry you had stress yesterday, but great job for getting through it without turning to food and glad to hear your hubby still has his job.  

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

Daisydoo02
on 1/18/17 5:03 pm - GTA, Ontario, Canada
RNY on 11/15/13

I am really glad your husband still has his job!  And great job on not eating your feelings, that's fantastic!

Bummer on not recycling!  

Good job on the run and run/walk at the gym, gotta start somewhere!

Good menu, where did you get your "egg roll in a bowl" recipe?

So awesome on down another pound, go you!! That is so awesome!

OneBlueSock
on 1/18/17 4:18 am
RNY on 06/21/17

Morning guys!

I have to say that yesterday was much easier in terms of hunger, I don't know why exactly but I'm glad for it!  I was also very busy yesterday - I had three appointments before 2pm, so time went quickly and perhaps that also plays a part.   I made an appointment next week for my cardiac clearance, and the day after is when I get my braces on.  I'm terribly excited for them...I mean I know it's not going to be comfortable but the end result will be worth it!  My parents are heading back to WI today after breakfast, it's been a very nice visit with them.  They are such laid back house guests that I never mind having them for several days!  I was very happy with the scale this morning, since starting tracking seriously at the start of January I'm down 8lbs, and 1.6 of those is since the start of CAMAW!

QOTD:  We do indeed recycle, we have a bin that we fill up with paper, plastic, and metal....our town does the sorting.  My hubby wasn't a fan of paying extra for it when we lived in a different town, but where we live now automatically includes it with the trash/water costs so he accepts it.  He's pretty good about putting things where they need to go, it's rare now that I have to remind him to do it.....though I DO have to remind him to make sure all the boxes go out on recycle day.  He forgets those alllll the time because they're usually stacked in our garage.  Ah well...they go eventually!

Countdown Until Surgery: 24 days!

MENU:

This was from CAMAW day 2

B: Cottage Cheese, 3 slices of bacon, coffee with fat free half and half and a miralax kicker

S: EAS Advantedge Protein Shake

L: Turkey wrapped around string cheese

S: Premier Protein Shake

D: 3oz Pot Roast, scrambled eggs with cottage cheese and chorizo sausage

L: water water water water

V: I just ordered more patches last night, I recognize that I am still not great about timing everything properly and I think the fact that I can put the patches on and just go and not worry about timing them will be a good thing for me!  

Have a great wednesday folks!

Kelsey

Banded: 9/14/06

Band Removal: 3/15/17

Revision to RNY: 6/21/17!!!

I'd be unstoppable if not for law enforcement & physics

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 536 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?