What's onyour Sunday menu, RNYers?

Queen JB
on 2/19/17 3:41 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning! Whoops I never came back to actually insert a menu yesterday, but other than some rogue pieces of Valentines candy, it was a decent typical pouch day. 

Big news! I joined a gym! I didn't actually go yesterday because I looked at quite a few and actually came home and registered online later for the one I liked. But after I finish this post and some coffee, I'm heading over for my first workout. I'm excited! I'm hesitant to admit this so publicly, but I have committed to a 1/2 marathon in January. Eep! I'm using the Jeff Galloway run/walk training plan. Today is literally going to be Day 1!

Last night Grim and I saw the amazing new movie, Lion, about the true story of an adopted boy from India who traces back his childhood memories to find his family. It was wonderful and a total tear jerker. I had tears running down my face for the last 15 minutes. It got me thinking...I can't remember the last time I had a good ugly cry about something in my own life, not a movie. It might have been at my last job (2+ years ago) when I had a boss who was very confrontational and mean. I remember coming home and losing it one night after a particularly hard day. It seems crazy, but I can't remember another time since then!? QOTD: when is the last time you cried? 

B: Protein Coffee and Faux Starbucks Egg Bite

S: Greek Yogurt with fresh fruit, chia seeds and granola

L: I'm going to make the Crack Chicken in the Instant Pot that all you kids are raving about :)

D: Steak on the grill. We are trying to grill on the new Himalayan Salt plate that I got Grim for Valentine's Day :) I hope it's yummy! 

S: rice cake topped with almond nut butter

Have a great day everyone!

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

peachpie
on 2/19/17 4:19 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning!! I've been on my run- felt great going with no coat! Yesterday I fought carb demons all day. Pretzels and Girl Scout cookies were at bowling then reduced 1/2 price to get them to sell. I resisted but that set me in a course of wanting something-- just not quiet as damaging. As I ran errands yesterday is was eye opening how many times I would have stuffed my mouth with snacks in the go. I ended up buying a snack bag of chips in the evening and I'd made my son cupcakes he asked for and had one. Today's goal is to not eat any cupcakes. 

Today my son has a wrestling tournament. Qotd: hmmm- last time I had a blubbering mess hurtful cry was when my son wouldn't sit next to me at a school function because his friends were making fun of my hair. (I'm ~70%bald). That hurt me to my core, sobbed on my hubby's shoulder for a good while. He was not happy with my son and took him out for long drive to talk about life. :-/

no weight taken yet today, 21 months out

m1: egg, sausage, oatmeal 

m2: yogurt, berries, cheerios

m3 lunch meat roll up

m4 roast beef, salad 

m5: ? 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Kakesie
on 2/19/17 4:57 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Oh, Peach, that's so sad.  I'm glad your husband had a good talk with him.  I can relate.  My hair started thinning even before RNY and it really started falling out after surgery.  I was hoping it would stop after a few months and be mostly due to surgery, but today is my 1 year surgiversary and it's STILL falling out so I'm afraid it isn't due to the surgery.  I have probably lost 70% of my hair, too.  I had thick hair to begin with, so I still have some left, but I'm worried it won't be long and I'll be looking pretty bald.  I was going to write to you and see if you have any advice on how to deal with it.  Anyone else?  I try to keep my protein high and take biotin & hair, skin & nails supplements and am even using men's Rogaine.  

peachpie
on 2/19/17 6:28 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Im sorry your experiencing hair loss. It sucks- and I haven't really bothered to anything to combat it - other than doing very little chemical processing of what's left of my hair. I'll still color it cause bald+gray makes me look older. I use tea tree oil on my scalp and a similar shampoo- it the only thing my scalp can tolerate. I also wear wigs- but am not afraid to go with out. I wear my hair 'boy' short. As being as bald as I am with any length leaves me looking like a clown. 

My hair loss stems from a combination of foliculitis and scalp scarring alopecia. Foliculitis is inflammation of the hair follicle- I'd get very tender, at times infected-- hair follicles. Then they'd heal over and scar- the scarring prevents regrowth. (A scalp biopsy confirmed that) Perfectly awful combination to get and no vitamin, or product will help me. 

Best advice-- don't try to style to hide the thinning-- it'll always end up looking like a comb over. 

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Kakesie
on 2/19/17 10:04 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Thanks so much for your kind reply, Peach.  I think my hair loss is just "old age" thinning.  The dermatologist gave me a name for it, but I can't remember it right now.  I appreciate all your advice!  HUGS!

seattledeb
on 2/19/17 3:15 pm

I have some spots where it's not coming back. They wax and wean due to surgeries or illness. It's also crazy curly now. I wear it short. I'm trying right now for a little more length but I'm starting to look like a lady who goes to the salon for pin curls.

Insert Fitness
on 2/19/17 4:27 am

Morning!

A half marathon! That's amazing! Good for you!

my Menu yesterday ended up fine too. Today, I'm really not much more organized. 

It was so beautiful out yesterday that we dug my parents picnic table out of the snow, moved into a sunny spot and played euchre outside! So much fun!

supposed to be another warm day, so I'm hoping to get the shovel and tackle some of the patches in our driveway that got out of hand this winter haha.

qotd: it's a little embarrassing, because I didn't know the person, but Stuart McLean, who had a show on CBC for the past 20 years died last week. I was a mess when I found out, and again when they had a tribute special the next day.

The more embarrassing part is that I became so attached to his characters over the years, and it feels like the whole world he created is gone. and burst into tears every time I see a "RIP Dave and Morley" type message or article online. And those are fictional characters, not real people. Like I said, a little embarrassing hahaha.

Menu:

B: protein shake

L/D: no idea yet, but the house is full of protein, so we tons of choices. Maybe dig out the BBQ? 

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

Grim_Traveller
on 2/19/17 8:53 am
RNY on 08/21/12

Oh no! I loved Stuart McLean!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Insert Fitness
on 2/19/17 9:10 am

Yeah, it's really sad. Of course they kicked off the tribute with a piece from DAve cooks the turkey!

RNY Sept 8, 2016

M1:23, M2 :18, M3 :11, M4 :19, M5: 13, M6: 12, M7: 17, M8: 11, M9: 11.5, M10: 13, M11: 10, M12: 10 M13 : 7.6, M14: 6.9, M15: 6.7

Instagram:InsertFitness

yvonnef1964
on 2/19/17 4:52 am
VSG on 08/11/14

Good morning friends,

I got out for a walk yesterday, it felt good even though i couldnt walk as fast as i wanted. I was walking with a friend. We hit a record high yesterday. 

QOTD I haven't cried in almost 4 years, since i kicked a boyfriend out. I almost cried in December due to not seeing my nieces and nephew at Christmas time.

B spinach,  red pepper, ham and cheese omelet and string cheese 

L cottage cheese,  tuna and baby carrots

D sweet teriyaki chicken, green beans and half of sweet potato

S Greek yogurt,  turkey sausage snack sticks and cutie orange 

Have a great day 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 369 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 343 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 390 views