Nervous and worried aboutconsult

Sheepie
on 2/23/17 4:34 pm
VSG on 05/31/17

Tomorrow is my surgical consult, and I am having a lot of stupid worries. I thought I might post them here, if only to get them out of my head and into the open air.

Will I ever be able to sit with crossed legs again?

Will I ever shop in a regular store again?

Will I have the surgery and not lose a single pound?

Will I never have energy enough to exercise?

Bah...

0 COMMENTS

Be the first to comment!

HW: 340 SW: 310 CW: 196.6 GW: 170

Achappe1
on 2/23/17 4:56 pm
RNY on 03/01/17

Worries are normal. Worrying is apart of life. The way I see it, think of the positives. 

-You WILL lose weight. 

-you WILL be able to cross your legs. 

-This WILL make your life so much better.

and that's that. Worry and fear take up wayyy to much of our lives. Relax and breathe easy. The consult is like the easiest part. You've got this! 

Loril1963
on 2/23/17 5:09 pm
RNY on 10/28/16

Girl your doing fine ?  Worrying about this stuff is so normal. I think (my personal opinion) is that we've failed so many times at weight loss that we think this might be another failure/disappointment. It's a big deal, it's a big surgery. I would be concerned if you weren't abit worried. You'll be great 

Sheepie
on 2/23/17 6:19 pm
VSG on 05/31/17

I think there is a lot in the idea that I have failed so many times, I am just setting myself up for yet another failure by even trying.  

HW: 340 SW: 310 CW: 196.6 GW: 170

dagosson
on 2/24/17 11:56 am

This exactly, is why I haven't bought any new clothes. I know the scale says I've lost weight, but I'm afraid that if I try on smaller clothes they won't fit. Sadly, I did need to buy smaller bras....

you will do fine :) follow your dr's diet instructions, sip and walk (repeat ad nauseum) count everything that you eat, take your vitamins as ordered and get ready to work hard for the new you!

RNY 9/28/16 at Highland Hospital with Dr O'Malley

SmurfyChick
on 2/23/17 6:51 pm
RNY on 02/06/17

Oh my gosh! I totally get it. I'm just under 3 weeks out of surgery and I have a lot of those anxieties too.   I can tell you this though.. I haven't lost a whole lot yet, but after week 1, my energy level skyrocketed.  I've been walking for almost an hour a day without any pain.  Thats huge for me, and  I'm certain you'll have similar victories.  You're going to do awesome! 

Stargazer Lily
on 2/23/17 7:11 pm
RNY on 02/21/17

I am 3 days post op. I was nervous and scared. I dont regret it, each day gets better. No worries anymore. Its so strange not to have cravings....

Lap Banded 01/31/2007

First RNY Consult: 12/06/2016

RNY Revision 02/21/2017

I believe the greatest gift you can give your family and the world is a healthy you --Joyce Meyers

LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 541 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 526 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 293 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 128 views