Sorry for the whiny rant...

LoveDove24
on 4/16/14 4:49 am

My weight loss has been going pretty slow for the past three weeks.  I'm eight weeks out and I've only lost a total of 4lbs in the past three weeks.  I'm eating between 400 - 450 calories a day, drinking the water and still drinking at least one protein shake a day.  I will admit that I was only exercising twice a week, but now I've stepped it up to at least four days a week.  I know that everyone is different, but I really thought that the weight would come off much faster, especially in these first 12 weeks.  When I first got home from the hospital I was losing between 8 and 6lbs per week.  Feeling  frustrated, but I keep telling myselft to "trust the process".  I didn't have the surgery to just lose 1lb a week.  So sorry for sounding so whiny, but I just needed to vent. Trying hard to stay positive and hopeful.

TexasTerritory
on 4/16/14 5:08 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I'm a slow loser. I average about 10 pounds a month. I am almost 9 months out. I follow my plan and am learning patience.

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 4/16/14 5:17 am - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Losing 6-8 lbs per week is unsustainable.  How much water are you drinking?  Have you considered bumping that up to see if it will trigger any changes?

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Jackie T.
on 4/16/14 6:27 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Having you taken your measurements?  You have upped your workouts so you are probably building muscle.  While muscle and fat weigh the same, the muscle takes up less room so hopefully you are seeing a difference in the way your clothes fit.  You have listed your calories but how much protein and water are you actually getting each day?  Up your water as much as possible and get at strive for at least 80 grams of protein.  Hang in there you are doing great!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Dreamingofbeaches
on 4/16/14 7:30 am
with

While I am certainly no expert and haven't even had surgery yet...the dietician I saw talked about having too few calories and it being a problem.  She said that with too few calories your body worries it is starving and it is harder to lose weight. (I've read this many times in the past also) They gave me a minimum and maximum number of calories for the post-op diet, after the liquid phase.  It says to try not to go under 700 calories, for me.  Have you asked your NUT about this?

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

carrie054
on 4/16/14 7:45 am

I tend to agree with this.  If you are struggling, I'd try upping your calories to see if that helps.  Good luck--I'm sure it's very frustrating.

VSG on 1/28/14

M1 -24 lbs  M2 -11  M3 -14 M4 -6 lb(total loss:  55)

HW:  297  SW:  279 CW:  224

LoveDove24
on 4/17/14 12:39 am

All of your responses are great!!! Thanks so much for the encouragement.  I will definitely step up my water in-take and give the NUT a call.

You guys rock!!!

Most Active