4 YEARS postop today! started at 354+

Dawnie 88
on 4/16/14 5:36 am

Just popping in to say hello! I cannot believe how fast time flies. Hard to believe it has been 4 years already.

I am 5'5", 43 years old..started at over 354 pounds and have maintained at 173 pounds and a size 10.

I am so happy that I had this surgery. My life has changed dramatically. I did go through a divorce about a year and a half after surgery (14 yr marriage). I never thought I would go through so many emotions with losing the weight. It truly is life changing. It's hard to go from being unnoticed to being noticed. Difficult to get over how different I am treated now than I was at my highest weight.

I did suffer from sleep apnea, prior to surgery, as well as type 2 diabetes and high blood pressure. Happy to say that I have been off med's since shortly after surgery, and I have never had any issues with acid reflux (before or after surgery).  I ended up with gallstones and had my gallbladder removed just last month.  I was slightly anemic before surgery, but now severely anemic (I have weekly one hour sessions of IV Iron Infusions..since August). My body just doesn't want to hang onto the iron. I would much rather have this problem than all the issues I had prior to the weightloss though.

Not sure how to post pics to this post..but I will try and add a few to my page if you care to check them out..

Tracy D.
on 4/16/14 5:42 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

Congratulations on your success!  It's so great for a newbie like me to hear that everything is still going well years later.  Thank you!  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Spencerella
on 4/16/14 5:42 am - Calgary, Alberta, Canada
VSG on 10/15/12

You look absolutely amazing!  A picture of health and incorporating the habits that assist you in maintaining your massive weight loss!  This is so encouraging for me at 18 months out!  

LINDA                 

Ht: 5'2" |  HW 225, BMI 41.2  |  CW 115, BMI 21.0

(deactivated member)
on 4/16/14 5:49 am

Wow!!! What a transformation.  Congratulations on four years, and here's to keeping the weight loss for the rest of your life.  

jujubslim
on 4/16/14 6:00 am
VSG on 03/17/14

Thank you for sharing. You really are an inspiration. Congrats to you on all your hard work losing and keeping it off.

sleevemama
on 4/16/14 6:03 am
VSG on 04/30/13

You look so much younger now! You look great and awesome maintenance!

HW:266 SW:229 GW:140 CW:140  Maintenance 11/6/13

Jules78
on 4/16/14 6:45 am - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

What an inspiration!!!!  When I see posts like these it gives me hope that I can do this thing.  You look like a completely different person!!!

frisco
on 4/16/14 7:00 am

Congrats on 4 !!!!

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

LosingSarah
on 4/16/14 7:08 am - Moorhead, MN
VSG on 10/16/13

Congrats on your success! You look amazing and I'm sure you feel amazing!  You really look like a different person and much younger! Very inspirational!

Plumlove
on 4/16/14 7:30 am

Congrats on making the decision and doing the work to get where you are today! If you had one piece of advice for new sleevers what would it be?

Most Active