Herina repair?

beckers80
on 4/20/14 9:41 am

Anyone have a hernia repaired during surgery, Did it extend your hospital stay or extend recover time?

luvmypuggies
on 4/20/14 10:00 am

I had an "impressive" (quoting the doc) hiatal hernia repaired during my surgery.  It was just the addition of a few sutures, and did not affect my recovery at all.  It is apparently quite common.  My understanding is that fixing the hernia closes up some tissue so it fits snugly around the esophagus, thus ensuring that the stomach will not slide up out of its proper place and cause problems down the road... or something like that.  The photos were way cool - good party conversation starter - "Want to see a picture of my hernia?!"  :)

mickeymantle
on 4/20/14 10:10 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

I had a small one that was not spotted during the endoscope and was quickly repaired during the surgery with no extra time during surgery or recovery

my surgeon said about 30 % of is patients have one

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

Amber G.
on 4/20/14 10:31 am
VSG on 04/02/14

My Dr said I had one, in which he repaired during surgery. He said about 90 percent of people hes has operated on, had one. It did not extend to hospital time at all. 

cindylou59
on 4/20/14 12:43 pm

I had a hernia repair. I never had acid reflux until after the repair. I think it was so tender, that it took a while for it to heal. It was 8 - 10 weeks.

Most Active