Lump in throat

Suella F.
on 7/21/14 12:40 am - Bloomington, IN

Good morning! Not sure if any one has had this problem, but I had VSG on July 9th I woke up this morning with the feeling that I have a lump in my throat/esophagus can't really pin point the exact local along with my left shoulder hurting, have some nausea, & diarrhea. Put a call into my surgeon but it seems to take a while to get back to me. A friend told me to check this site out and well here I am. Thank you and have a wonderful day. 

Warmest Regards,

Suellafe

56sunShine14
on 7/21/14 1:35 am

I can't help with that but I did look into it here.  Look on the upper right corner of your screen and in the blue section, see a magnifying glass.  Click on that and type in "lump in throat". It will show you posts from here (OH) on that subject.  Hopefully, you can glean some info from those posts.

All posts that I make on this site, any forum, are a result in my having experience and caring for anyone having to go through life as an obese person. If you have medical issues, please see your doctor for medical advice.

Karen

Suella F.
on 7/21/14 7:07 am - Bloomington, IN

Thank you. I will check it out! 

megan.sherman
on 7/21/14 6:39 am
VSG on 05/17/14

I had the same sensation and found out through endoscopy that I had severe esophagitis from reflux.  Make sure you talk to your doctor about it.  You may need a stronger acid reducer.  Once mine was changed, I felt so much better.

Suella F.
on 7/21/14 7:05 am - Bloomington, IN

Thanks they changed mine again. I was on Prilosec now I am on Nexium. 

greensleeved
on 7/21/14 6:44 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

I had VSG the day after you and have left shoulder pain too. I've read it's because of the gas they inflate your stomach with for surgery. I've been taking Tylenol and Gas-X and trying to move my arms as much as possible. My Dr. says if you are still on mostly liquids diarrhea is normal.

Good luck with the throat lump. Sounds uncomfortable!

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Suella F.
on 7/21/14 7:04 am - Bloomington, IN

My Dr. called me back and he said that the lump in my throat was partially due too the Hiatal Hernia repair, as for the Diarrhea he said the same thing as you. The shoulder pain they said was probably from the gas as you said and a pinched nerve from being moved around. Thanks for your input. Love this site it is very helpful! 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 42 views