Burning top right incision.

tabby_87
on 7/23/14 4:41 am

Any one have burning at the top right incision site? I am 9 days out, I had a staple that was pulled too tight and begining to rip the skin which I thoughg was causing the burning. I went to the ER lastnight and they clipped it with no problems.Said the site looks great no infection what so ever.Follow up with surgeon tomorrow, and I already have a few questions to ask. I was just curious if anyone else has experienced this burning sensation. It  does seem to help when pressure is applied. Thanks in advance! :)

Why choose to fail, when success is a option?

G5x5
on 7/23/14 5:17 am - VA

As a general rule, burning = infection, but you've had that checked out already.  The other thing that comes to mind is scar tissue which can cause some similar feelings.

I did have a brief issue near an incision site with something that sounds a lot like what you mention.  There was a period of two days where it acted the same and responded to pressure the same.  After two days my issue began fading and within a week it was pretty much gone entirely.  My panic was the concern that a hernia might have surfaced, however, nothing further ever came of it so any panic was unnecessary.

Definately something to bring up with the physician though.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Wanda1118
on 7/24/14 2:38 am
VSG on 07/09/14

Yes! My surgeon said it was normal and that I would have bouts periodically...It is finally starting to go away (I hope). It started 2nd day pre-op. If I hadn't of had this burning I would not have had any pain at all. Good luck to you..Hope it starts getting better soon. I know how miserable it has made me

Most Active