Esophageal stricture

Lynn611
on 7/23/14 10:16 am - Waterford, MI

I'm 6 weeks post VSG.  Doing well, feeling ok except for chest pain with swallowing.  Sometimes worse than others.  Surgeon suspects esophageal stricture but we agreed to give it a bit more time before intervention.  He took me off all "big" pills so the Actigall is out.  I'm down to prilosec and thyroid but even they just stick in my throat for a long time.  I feel like I am full to the brim...right to the back of my throat...with as little as a quarter of an avocado or similar amount of any other food.  Makes me feel like I'm about to choke but I don't.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Did it resolve without intervention?

Dreamingofbeaches
on 7/23/14 1:31 pm
with

I would occasionally feel something similar to this pre surgery. They determined that it was because I had undiagnosed reflux and the acid was making the muscles of my esophagus "dysfunction" and not work smoothly. I was put on Prilosec and it improved. I get a slightly similar feeling now if I eat too fast or a bite too much.  I hope they figure it out quickly for you!  I know it is a scary feeling.  Take care. 

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

Lynn611
on 7/23/14 11:53 pm - Waterford, MI

Thanks, Jen, I think the Prilosec does help.  I forgot to mention that he repaired a hiatal hernia that I didn't know I had.  Meanwhile, it's making it especially easy to lose weight!  

Most Active