Tick Tock.....

Justme7
on 7/23/14 10:58 am - ID

The clock is ticking closer to my surgery date of August 6th.  I have been on this site for over a year learning from the pros (thank you all) and newbies.  As stated before, I have backed out two times before.  This time I think I am ready to go. I have my pre-op testing tomorrow and see the doc for the final time next week. I am not sure how that will go as I have not seen the doc since May and know I have gained weight. I have not been on any pre-op diet as he only requires a few days of liquids before surgery and my insurance only requires a couple visits with the NUT and doc. I have put off survey until the last minute as I have been dealing with a lot of family stuff.  I have begun to cut back on my mindless eating and fast food. My head is spinning as at times I can see myself having survey and then I will be driving and think to myself what the heck are you doing.....do I really want something that I can't change if I am not happy with my decision. Then my mind goes back to the other side and I think how can I not have surgery as I am 400 pounds and can hardly move around.  I guess I need to just take the plunge so to speak and see where things go. I have another counseling appointment on Friday.  

skeller
on 7/23/14 11:04 am - Austin, TX
VSG on 05/01/14 with

Hope you make it this time. Hang in there!

DOB 1958, HT 5'4" . . . HW 310, SW 281, CW 184.3

M1 -25, M2 -7, M3 -11.9, M4 -7.6, M5 -11.8, M6 -9.6, M7 -1.7, M8 -10, M9 -5, M10 -5

Dreamingofbeaches
on 7/23/14 1:21 pm
with

I am so happy I made this decision. I am only 23 days post op, but feeling pretty darn good. I get tired easy and am learning how to eat with my new tummy, but I am already down 40 pounds since starting my pre op diet two weeks before surgery. I can already move around easier, more comfortable in chairs and clothes. I can hardly wait to experience more new things as I make take this journey.  I wish you luck with the process.  I hope you allow yourself this opportunity to get your life back. As my doctor said, the risks if being obese outweigh the risks if the VSG surgery. Take the plunge!

-Jen

Consult weight 4/7/14: 381.5   SW 7/1/14:

greensleeved
on 7/24/14 2:35 am
VSG on 07/10/14 with

I second everything dreamingofbeaches said. I'm 14 days out, tire easily, but can already tell the difference. My clothes are looser, my face is slimmer and I am so much more comfortable.  I knew that, like most people, I would regain weight I lost without the help of the sleeve. Being 400 lbs is unsustainable. Your body WILL start to fail you. Obesity is so much worse than the VSG itself. The real test is to keep the weight off long term, so we've all got to be working on whatever it was that led us to be obese in the first place.

Good luck! I know I have made a great decision and I hope you make the right decision for yourself too (whatever that may be).

"Free your ass, and your mind will follow."  HW - 287, Start W - 273, Surgery W - 257, Onederland - 4 months 1 week post op,  100 lbs lost - 8 months 1 week, CW - 162

Kelly Jean
on 7/23/14 10:19 pm, edited 7/23/14 10:19 pm
VSG on 04/08/14

I personal feel it was the best choice I have ever made I'm a whole new person who loves life and moves around all the time ... my only regret is that I didn't do it sooner... and I'm sure you will feel the same way...

Question for you but I'm sure you have had to see a therapy did that help at all with how your feeling and help you come to any choices...  if not maybe you should speak with someone ... just a thought.. please don't take it in a mean way it's meant  out of total kindness !!! :-)

♡ Kelly

Texasgirl321
on 7/23/14 11:22 pm

I so needed to see this. I am scheduled August 4th for my sleeve surgery.  Going back and forth in my head....I know how to do this why can't I just do it, that's a lot of money to be spending on me plus taking 3 weeks off work with no pay.  So playing the should I do it game.  Went to MD yesterday for preop visit and came out of there more in turmoil then when went in. Nothing to do with the surgeon but now it really feels real.  I am somewhat calmer today and the above reply that said complications for morbid obesity outweigh the complication of the surgery hit home.  Still have butterflies in my tummy when I think about it and recovery but as of now I am going forward.

Janet

TheNewT
on 7/24/14 1:49 am
VSG on 08/04/14

I am August 4th also! The one thing I try to remember is, I haven't come across anyone *****grets having the surgery. They only regret not having it sooner.

See you on the loser's bench in August.

Gwen M.
on 7/24/14 4:09 am
VSG on 03/13/14

I hope things go really super well for you!  Are you seeing a therapist?  If not, it seems like one could be really beneficial for you!

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active