Home

Sleevarilla
on 8/22/14 9:33 am

Home from the hospital (I stayed 2 nights). Great surgeon (Dr. Paul Enochs), great hospital (WakeMed Cary)! Only problems I'm having are from the hiatal hernia repair ... otherwise, going very well so far!

Follow my journey: www.sleevarilla.com

It never gets easier. You just get better!

2ndtimesacharm
on 8/22/14 10:07 am

Glad your home!! I was suppose to go home today but didn't happen due to a fever I'm doing great though drinking my CIB and water without a problem 

fevers gone again let's hope it stays gone this time 

congrats!!! 

Stacy_WLS
on 8/22/14 10:31 am

Glad you are home and things went well!

My sister lives in Cary - what a great place :)

VSG: 12/12/13, LBL, small TL, BL/BA: 11/7/14 Twins 12/9/18 HW after Twins 260. 5'10 37 years old - Stacy_WLS (MFP)

Lizzy67
on 8/22/14 10:39 am
VSG on 09/15/14

is the issue pain?  did you know you had one? 

VSG Surgery date scheduled !!  9-15-14   Mexicali Bariatric Center Dr Wilhelmy

Sleevarilla
on 8/22/14 10:53 am, edited 8/22/14 10:55 am

Thanks, everyone!

Yes, the hernia repair hurts like a mother .... and has since I got out of anesthesia. I knew that I had it, it showed up on my pre-op upper GI. However, I severely underestimated how much it would hurt to have it repaired. I thought that part would be no big deal. I was wrong. The rest of my incisions don't hurt, nothing else hurts but the hernia repair. Sometimes, when I sip my fluid, I can feel when it hits the hernia repair and it takes my breath away it hurts so much. Other times, it's ok. I haven't yet figured out what causes it because the sips seem to be the same size, same temp, etc. Otherwise, I am completely surprised at how easy things are. I can't say enough for my surgeon and the great care I received while in the hospital. My surgery was late on Wednesday, I didn't get to my room until after 10pm, and that was the reason for my two night stay.

Follow my journey: www.sleevarilla.com

It never gets easier. You just get better!

Most Active