Got my surgery date!

proudmustangdriver
on 8/26/14 5:52 am - Canada

My best friend and I set our date today, we are both doing it together with Dr. Ortiz from A Lighter Me on January 10, 2015.

So excited because I am definitely going to meet my new years resolution for 2015!!! The date is also perfect because my "last meal" before beginning the pre-op diet will be Christmas dinner... I don't think you could do much better than that as a last meal!

Has anyone else gone through this journey with a friend? Any tips for doing it together?

Anyone else used A Lighter Me?

Ps. Please don't share if you've had a bad experience with them, I've done my research, my Mom went to them, and I don't need to hear anything negative about the surgeon to make me more nervous than I already am!

mollz007
on 8/26/14 7:30 am
VSG on 02/20/14

Congrats! It is wonderful that you are doing this with a friend. I sort of did... my coworker has the sleeve a month after I did. It really helps to have someone to go through this with... also what makes this place great. Its also wonderful that your mom did it too... sounds like you have a great support system. Good luck!

check out my blog!

Sara T.
on 8/26/14 7:50 am
with

I think it's great you're going through it with a friend by your side. One of the first things some of my paperwork said was to take all foods I couldn't have out of my house. I live with my two cousins, and one of them considers Dorito's with cheese melted on it dinner. Don't know how friendly of a roommate I'm gonna be for a while. 

Most Active