Anybody else have "glue" instead of steri strips or stitches?

claricey
on 8/26/14 12:21 pm

I'm wondering because today was 1 week from surgery and my 6 incisions are itching like crazy.

I see my surgeon Thursday afternoon but was hoping to know if there is anything I can do now that is safe to relieve the itching. 

luvmypuggies
on 8/26/14 12:45 pm

I had bright purple glue on my incisions.  They itched a little but not enough to do anything about it. They'll come off in the next week or so.  I think I chipped away some of the loose edges, but I made sure not to pull them off prematurely.  Congrats on your new sleeve!!

sillymilly
on 8/26/14 12:47 pm - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

Yep, it will get itchy.  Unfortunately I don't know that you can do anything about it, it's just part of the healing.

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

JAZZY150
on 8/26/14 12:50 pm

I'm not a doctor, but I had my band removed he used glue.  I broke out and it itched like crazy.  He had me use Hydrocortisone.  You can buy it over the counter.  He said to make sure the incision where healed before using the  Hydrocortisone.

kellyomama
on 8/26/14 1:41 pm

I had glue and steri strips. I got craaazy itchy and itched strategically around my incisions to relieve it. Finally had to get it off on day 8. Just couldn't stand it any longer. I picked the glue off very carefully, and that helped after a day or two.

Calaska
on 8/26/14 1:57 pm - AK
VSG on 08/18/14

I'm also one week out, and my glue is starting to flake off a bit, but thankfully my incisions are not itching yet. The best thing to do I'd try to ignore it. 

How are you doing otherwise?  Ok I hope?

~Jan

58 yo female, 5'9" HW: 297 SW: 285  Surgery W: 252. CW: 224.8 GW: 160        

If there is no struggle, there is no progress. ~ Frederick Douglass

Jules78
on 8/26/14 10:10 pm - GA
VSG on 05/01/14

I had the glue but didn't have any itching at all.  It's possible that you could be allergic to the glue.  I've heard of that happening.

youtube channel- silkiilocks

(deactivated member)
on 8/26/14 10:45 pm

I had glue and as it started healing it started itching...lol I was able to scratch very strategically around it without touching the glue and it did quite well. I always looked while I scratched to be sure not to scratch the actual incision. Congrats to you on your surgery!!

chriswife19
on 8/27/14 9:17 am
VSG on 05/28/14

Same here.

Highest weight - 260  Surgery weight - 197.5  Current Weight - 152

Bearz
on 8/26/14 11:20 pm

I know this sounds funny but I put Preparation H on mine and it helped it.I use that for bug bite everything that itches so I tried it and it worked.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 28 views