Plastic Surgery Tomorrow! Plus Pics of Excess Skin After Losing 250ish Lbs - Yikes!!

Nikke2003
on 9/23/14 11:30 pm - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Tomorrow is THE day - plastic surgery! I'm so excited, but on Monday evening, I have to admit that I started to get a bit anxious and nervous about the upcoming procedures. I've been looking forward to this day for a long time and it felt as though it would never get here. Which, when you think about it, is ridiculous because I'm having plastics done pretty much as early as a person could after having weight loss surgery and losing a lot of weight. I just feel fortunate that I have the opportunity to have these procedures in the first place.

I'm excited, but also worried. What if something happens? What if there are complications? What if I don't like my results - not because the surgeon didn't do a great job... but because I'll never truly be happy with what my body looks like? I really hope that isn't the case. I've tried to have realistic expectations throughout the plastics consults, but of course there is a part of me that dreams of a body that looks a certain way that just might not be realistic or attainable. So, the best I can do is hope for a great result and just wait and see what happens!

Surgery is starting at 7:30 a.m. tomorrow. Dr. Capella will be performing a lower body lift, breast lift, and extended arm list. I couldn't be happier!

I debated a lot about the kinds of pictures that I wanted to share with people in terms of excess skin. To be honest, I was obsessed with before and after pictures when I started this process - especially ones dealing with excess skin. So, here I am... down almost 250 lbs and having the excess skin/fat/tissue removed. To be honest, it would've been ideal for me to lose even more weight prior to having surgery; however, I've been in the same 5 lb window for about 7 months and if I'm going to have kids someday, I needed to get on the ball! I know that I won't have the money or downtime for this after having children, so it kind of felt like a "now or never" situation.

So, I've decided to put the pictures on my blog in a password protected post.... that way it can't be stumbled upon super easily on the interwebs and if I need to, I can always change the password. 

You can take a look at the post here. The password - at least for now is capella2014. BEWARE THAT THESE PICS ARE NUDE - DO NOT OPEN IN PUBLIC PLACE. For your sake, not mine! :)

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Bufflehead
on 9/23/14 11:45 pm - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Thank you so much for posting these! I haven't looked yet, though I imagine they might look kind of what I look like naked (I've lost less weight than you have, but I am shorter and older). I do want to see as I am contemplating plastics at some point. I have looked at Dr. Capella's galleries and think he does fantastic work. I am at work now and have decided it's probably better not to be looking at pictures of naked ladies on my computer and internet access provided by the taxpayers of my state, even if it is in the interest of science. So I hope you will keep them up at least until tonight!

Thanks again for posting and best wishes for a safe and successful surgery!

Nikke2003
on 9/24/14 5:23 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

hahaha yes... probably not a good idea to show off my lady bits at your place of employment which is why I included the disclaimer haha... not embarrassing for me, but would be for you!

At least what I've seen so far, I can't recommend Dr. Capella enough. He does great work and I'm hoping that I'm no exception! The pics will remain up for awhile... no worries!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Bufflehead
on 9/24/14 11:33 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

Just went and looked - and yep, I was right, we are pretty roughly similar in the overall picture if not the precise details in every aspect  - from the rib cage down at least! Your boobs are fantastic, they look way better than mine have ever, in my entire life.

My very unprofessional guess is that when it is all said and done you are going to have your gorgeous figure revealed and highlighted even more than it is now and you'll be very pleased.

PS I would also kill to have your thighs as they are now -- mine look like what would happen if a melted candle could have sex with an elephant leg and have a sad little baby made of blobs, folds, and wrinkles

Anyway, I look forward to your after pix . . . I know that plastic surgery can be a strenuous recovery but you are a strong lady and I know you'll do great.

G5x5
on 9/23/14 11:53 pm - VA

Courageous share!  I'm sure many will appreciate the perspective on how 250 pounds might transition.

What is you height and current weight for reference?

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Nikke2003
on 9/24/14 5:24 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I'm just under 5'10" and my current weight fluctuates between 195-200 lbs!

Thank you!!

Connie S.
on 9/24/14 12:00 am - CA
VSG on 03/04/13

You are brave to do this. I actually think you look pretty good. My main thought is that I would be so happy to have that much breast tissue. I envy you that young body! At 55, I have little volume left in my breasts and would need a lift and implants. I'm just not sure I would ever get results that would make me happy. The LBL will be a definite, though.

I wish you the best of luck. Life is all about taking chances and you have already shown your willingness to do that by having a drastic surgey and putting your heart and soul into reinventing your body and your life. This will be hard and it may take months before you see your final results, but you can do it! You will be in my thoughts.

connie

HW 225  Consult weight 208. VSG 3/4/13 weight 176.4  Current weight 103  5'1" tall  Age 55 Goal weight of 108 reached in 7 months  

Nikke2003
on 9/24/14 5:26 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Thank you for the support! I do feel lucky... I know that my body could certainly be MUCH worse. I'm hoping with that much breast tissue.. I can have a nice shape and size when he's done... time will tell though!!

Spenciesmom
on 9/24/14 12:01 am - CA

Good luck to you Nikke- will keep you in my thoughts and prayers for the outcome you desire!  I think you are going to have awesome results, after looking at your pictures.  I had a tummy tuck 8 weeks ago, so happy with the results, my tummy looks like a 20 year old- the rest of my body, hmmm, more like 85!! Lol.  I'm almost 30 years older than you are, so I can just imagine the beautiful outcome you will have!  Thanks for sharing your journey, you are amazing!  

Jeanne

Nikke2003
on 9/24/14 5:29 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

Congrats on your surgery! I'm so glad that you are happy with your results. I really think I will be too... I just have a fear that I'll go through all of this and then still not be happy. It's a mental thing I'm definitely going to need to work on with the therapist if it starts to become an issue. 

I'm very excited and nervous! Thanks for the well wishes!

Most Active