Hello. I'm new!

bellejar
on 10/17/14 8:16 am, edited 10/17/14 8:44 am

I have been lurking for a few months while dealing with all of the red tape and getting poked by needles business came and went. I was (finally) approved for surgery last week and began my liquid pre-surgery diet on Monday. My surgery date is Monday October 27th!

I would love to hear from anyone who wants to share where they are in the process of the VSG surgery, and especially would love to hear from folks that are over a year out with some before and after photos and weight loss stats. I am trying to keep myself motivated as I stare down another vanilla protein drink. :)

Daelcare
on 10/17/14 8:35 am - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

Welcome fellow lurker!!  We've got the same surgery date!!  Hang in there with the shakes....I would kill for one right now!!  My two week pre-op is just no carbs and no protein shakes!  I actually like the silly things and had gotten used to my yogurt.  Sad to say...but the thing I'm looking forward to the most on the other side is to have my shakes and yogurt back!!  Sad, I know!  Good luck to you!

5'5" 64 year old; HW 219; SW 199; CW 129; GW 145ish (original)...now on to "ideal" (138)...got that...now a few spare (132)...got that one, too! Now for the 120's!! Made them...now for the "dream" weight...125! Well, that one's proving to be a little tougher!

bellejar
on 10/17/14 8:38 am, edited 10/17/14 8:44 am

Hiya!

Wow same surgery date indeed. Good luck with your surgery. I look forward to reading on here of your successful time in the hospital and hope an added photo of you eating a tasty yogurt is to follow. 

Height: 4'9" Surgery Date: 10/28/2014 Pre 2 Week Liquid Diet Weight: 301.5 Day Of Sugery Weight: 290 Current Weight: 242.5 (2/15/15)

Daelcare
on 10/17/14 8:40 am - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

Count on it!  I'll check in with you in 10 days...if not before!  

5'5" 64 year old; HW 219; SW 199; CW 129; GW 145ish (original)...now on to "ideal" (138)...got that...now a few spare (132)...got that one, too! Now for the 120's!! Made them...now for the "dream" weight...125! Well, that one's proving to be a little tougher!

November18
on 10/18/14 8:53 am
VSG on 11/18/14

Hi, Daelcare, just noticed your stats are fairly close to mine. I'm 62. Weight 245. Height 5.5" I am scheduled for November 18th but I have a lot of pre-op stuff to get thru this week before I get insurance approval. Thought it might be nice to keep in touch because our Journeys will be close. I'm worried I'm too old to do this and I'm afraid I'm going to create problems for myself, but I've tried everything to get this weight off and I just keep losing and gaining. Getting heavier all the time. My pre-op diet doesn't start until November 4th. I keep trying to get on track now but am having difficulty. I hope I can follow your posts. Bonnie- November 18

PS I am in PA!

Bonnie

Daelcare
on 10/18/14 12:11 pm - Easley, SC
VSG on 10/27/14

Wow...we are close!  I would love to be friends and follow your journey, too.  You are definitely not too old!! This is the best time to do it....while you still have lots of time!  I have done the yo-yo thing for 40 years and am finally getting serious...enough so that I'm paying for it myself.  Wish I could get insurance approval.  I started a month ago with small steps...3 ounces of protein three times a day; no drinking with meals and exercise three days a week, 10 minutes a day.  I have increased the exercise a good bit because I'm trying to do as much toning as I can before surgery in hopes of not having as much saggy skin afterward.  I have found that now that I have a reason to eat right it has helped my determination greatly!  I am also a woman of faith and pray regularly for strength and grace!  You can do this...will be praying for you, too.

November18
on 10/18/14 11:16 pm
VSG on 11/18/14

You are doing great! Down almost 20 before surgery. I'm trying to not gain. Have this head thing that soon I'm not going to be able to eat so I keep eating.  That's probably not a good thing. Your routine is inspiring. I better get on the ball!

Bonnie

Tlove6
on 10/17/14 9:17 am

Welcome! I'm 4 mos out and down 57 pounds. I started at 280 and my first goal is 185. I'm about 5'8". 

I only had to do a 7day preop diet and that week lost 11 of those 57!

Personally I think my weight loss has been on the slower side than others because I only had 100 to lose. BUT... I've never lost this much on a diet EVER! And in 4 measly months too?!?! I'm satisfied. 

Im finding that old habits die hard and struggle with snacking. I'm having the same   post dinner want for something snack-ish than before. The biggest difference is I don't want to invite the carb-monster in, so I'll do nuts, cheese or as a treat quinoa chips. 

Ive made the choice not to eat bread or pasta and I'm okay with it. 

Good luck to you and please ask those questions!!

HW: 283; SW: 269; pre-op: -12, M1: -16.2; M2: -10.6; M3: -13.3; M4: -8.2; M5: -8.9; M6: -8.5

jenn1469
on 10/17/14 11:05 am

Hi I'm 4 months post op I have lost 53 post op. Did have to do diet before surgery so didn't lose anything.  I'm 5' 7'' and started at 234 and now 182 and very happy.  I work out 30 minutes 5 days a week so I'm not hard core. Not a vet but thought I would share

Jennifer

Stacy B.
on 10/17/14 12:09 pm - Latty, OH
with

I am still in the running for my surgery, now i have the right insurance, the right dr and hoping its the right time!! would love to keep in touch with you to see how you are doing and have someone to go through this with! Take care!!!

Most Active