4 months post-op gained 5lbs this month...

Mslippy
on 10/19/14 11:14 am
VSG on 06/12/14

Up until now I have been doing good. Although I seemed to have some trouble getting in all of my protein. I started having protein shakes in the morning in addition to my daily usual menu. I don't know if itis coincidence that I have gained 5lbs within these couple of weeks.  I must admit my heart sank each time I got on the scale and tnat number went up. This is the first time since the beginning of the process that the scale has gone up. I know I have had some slips within these past couple of weeks also.

Wondering if anyone else has had any weight gain early on or around the 4 month mark?

Gwen M.
on 10/19/14 11:49 am
VSG on 03/13/14

How often do you weigh yourself?  I see day to day fluctuations, but I weigh myself every day.  For example, I was up two pounds when I weighed myself today.  No surprised since I had to eat out all weekend and restaurant meals are much higher in sodium than my home cooked meals!

It might be better to replace a meal with a protein shake than to add it in addition to your other meals.  What, exactly, does a normal day of eating look like to you?  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Mslippy
on 10/20/14 7:20 am
VSG on 06/12/14

I weigh myself once a week. Doing it daily was making me crazy. My average daily menu (before I added the skake in the morning). Breakfast greek yogurt and string cheese. Lunch turkey and cheese roll up or lunchable. Maybe a few slices of cucumber with feta or fresh mozzarella.  Dinner usually a meat chicken, pork, or turkey. A veggie and occasionally a pasta or rice. I usually end up having just a bit or two of pasta or rice. Snacks if i have any are turkey sti c ks yogurt or string cheese. Looking back over the past couple of weeks I can see my grazing was pretty consistent.  I put a stop to that starting today. Thank you for your thoughts. Do you think my daily menu sounds okay? 

Sleevarilla
on 10/19/14 12:24 pm

To add to what Gwen said, are you logging your food every single day? If not, that would be a good place to start.

Follow my journey: www.sleevarilla.com

It never gets easier. You just get better!

Mslippy
on 10/20/14 7:22 am
VSG on 06/12/14

I have not been logging my food. Thank you for the suggestion.  I will start today.  I did in the beginning and slacked off. Hence this nasty five pounds that snuck up on me. 

tdallison
on 10/20/14 4:14 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

Log your food on my fitness pal and make sure you are getting enough water.  Also, stay off that scale it will drive you nuts!  I only weight once a week.  Wishing you the best

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

Mslippy
on 10/20/14 7:23 am
VSG on 06/12/14

Thanks for the suggestion.  I am downloading fitness pal right away!!

Quanita L.
on 10/20/14 12:51 pm - Adelaide, Australia
VSG on 11/12/14

Erm... not the nicest topic, but the extra protein can also stall things in the toilet department if you are not drinking enough or getting enough fibre. (some times)

So it can be that as well.

I am still pre- surgery on my second sleeve, I don't remember what I did weighing wise the first time round.

but I do know that at the moment I can gain up to 2kg (4.5lbs) just before I start menstruating - it just disappears after - usually with an extra loss if I am watching my intake.

Q Re-VSG & Plicated 12Nov2014 (all kg) HW: 110 '06 & 98 '14 SW : 89 CW: 81.3 Pre-Surgery: -9 M1: -6.3 M2: -1.4  TTL: -16.7    

Most Active