Had surgery on Thursday

ErinNikki
on 12/13/14 8:19 am
VSG on 12/11/14

I had my surgery on Thursday and everything went really well. They did the leak test Friday. The contrast they give you to drink it HORRIBLE. But all was well. The first 2 days were really rough. It was difficult to move at all. Today is much better. I have not been hungry and have been forcing myself to drink my clear liquids. I am really tired all the time. It has been hard to stay awake for more than a few hours without a little nap. I am assuming that is because the pain medication is making me tired. I am hopeful that I will feel okay enough to switch to the liquid Tylenol within the next day or two. So far, the only time I had nausea was when I was given morphine in the hospital. It is still hard to take a deep breath, but it is getting better. I am so glad that part is over! I gained 2 lbs in the hospital, which I am certain is just from the fluids they pumped into me for 2 days. I can't wait to see that number start going down. 

Luvmygs
on 12/13/14 10:12 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Congratulations Erin! Day by day it does get better. Thursday was 1 week post-op for me. Stay hydrated and sip away!

Homecoming
on 12/13/14 10:56 am
VSG on 12/08/14

I had mine Monday! I was in and out sleeping the first two days too. But it got better. I also stopped morphine after that. That helped. Doc gave me liquid Tylenol. But I haven't taken anything. 

I gained5pounds in the hospital! It all came off, and then some already!

weeziebeth
on 12/13/14 12:16 pm

It gets better! I am 11 days postop and really feel fantastic! Walk, sip, and do your breathing exercises-that little bobber thing (incentive spirometer) is no joke-will keep you from getting pneumonia. 

HW 285 SW 248 CW 218  Surgery date: 12/2/14                 "Life itself is the proper binge." Julia Child      

"Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.''  Winston Churchill

Dee R.
on 12/13/14 12:38 pm - CA

I'm 19 days out and yes.................It does get better!!  I feel amazing!!  This is the best thing I have ever done for myself!!

Dee

Gwen M.
on 12/13/14 10:09 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

I agree, the liquid for the test sucked!  Glad you're doing well.  Remember you just had major surgery so it's no surprise that you're feeling tired!  Take it easy - walk as much as you can and sip as much as you can.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Kim N.
on 12/14/14 1:48 am
VSG on 12/08/14

Hi Erin ~

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!  I'm 6 days post-op and am feeling soooo much better.  Besides sipping a lot and walking a lot, I'm still sleeping a lot.  Dr. said it's normal.  Sleep is a good time for your body to go in deep repair mode.  I'm still on paid meds but only about 10ml every 12 hours.  It's getting better every day.  When your sitting, try and use your Insentive Spirometer and if you can remember, do toe curls as well.  It helps with the circulation in your legs.  Good Luck and Welcome to the December's Losers Bench ~ Kim

BorderCollieMama

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/14 1:59 am - RIVERDALE, NJ

congrats and welcome!

Most Active