Hate fish... What to eat?

Bbinder2002
on 2/27/15 10:08 am

wondering what other people eat for their main protein other than fish.  I really don't like fish and my doc wants me to stay away from red meat and chicken for a little while so wondering what else I could do since I don't like fish.  And I'm talking about ideas other than protein bars and drinks.

Luvmygs
on 2/27/15 10:41 am
VSG on 12/04/14

What about ground turkey, cottage cheese, eggs, peanut butter, nuts and beans. I buy the Trader Joe's fat free refried beans, very good with some cheese melted on top and a little avocado!!

IWANT2BEHEALTHY
on 2/27/15 10:46 am
VSG on 03/16/15

Quinoa is a complete protein.  And tofu. Just ideas

Ht:6'5 Start weight 427, surgery weight=362 current weight 238 goal weight unsure?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 2/27/15 12:16 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

I eat a lot of yogurt, lots of different flavors of the sugar-free stuff. Eggs are good too, though some people (myself included) have a bit of trouble with them early on.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

poet_kelly
on 2/27/15 8:03 pm - OH

I don't eat any  meat, or fish.  You could eat beans, eggs, Greek yogurt, cottage cheese, sliced cheese, skim milk, tofu, veggie burgers, other meat substitutes.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Valerie G.
on 2/28/15 10:10 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Red meat and chicken are very dense, and can fill you up fast.  It's more tolerable if you concentrate on the ultra moist slow cooked preparation (think crock pot).  As for other sources - it's all about the cheeses! 

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active