My crazy dog!!

piperboodog
on 4/19/15 1:39 am

I'm 4 weeks post-op and last night I was laying on the couch reading my Kindle. My 40 pound labradoodle has an ear infection and my husband was trying to put drops in her ear. She gets scared and jumps on the couch with me. She partially lands on my incision which is sore today. My incision has been tender at times the past few weeks but is more sore this morning. Could this cause a leak? This has been my biggest fear from the get go.

mickeymantle
on 4/19/15 1:46 am - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

no that does not sound like a leak , , you would have a fever , heart beating rapidly, nauseous if you had a leak

is the incision red hot , draining if yes call you surgeon now   it is infected , if not it is probably just healing

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

grayC
on 4/19/15 3:24 am
VSG on 05/01/13

No that wouldn't cause a leak, 

although your insision is sore your staple line for your new stomach 

Is well on its way to being totally closed...

as a matter of fact, you are probably feeling the soreness b/c your incisions lines

are netting back together, often times the healing process itself causes soreness/discomfort...

Most Active