Red Flags/Indicators- Microwave Heating

frisco
on 4/19/15 6:33 am, edited 4/19/15 9:51 am

Red Flags/Indicators

It is of "my" experience......In a very non-scientific way 

Using a medium size microwave and re-heating food from the fridge.....

If it takes more than 1 minute on high...... you may be plating/eating to much food !!!!

Typically for me, 45-50 seconds seems to be just right.

Yes, it is best to portion and measure/weigh out your food before heating and log.

This is just another indicator and tool for the toolbox !

frisco

***The point would be to get familiar with your machine and amounts..... some people don't quite catch on......

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

psychoticparrot
on 4/19/15 6:57 am

This is true. For me, 30 seconds does the job. It's nice not to have to wait long when you want food. It never occurred to me that microwave time could be used as a measurement, especially with foods that are messy to measure conventionally.

My husband's plates generally take 5-6 minutes before everything is fully heated. He's thinking about getting a VSG himself.

psychoticparrot

Oneillch
on 4/19/15 8:55 am
VSG on 02/04/15
WereYorkie
on 4/19/15 9:39 am
VSG on 05/11/15

Where is the like button when you need one? 

Highest Weight: 340 (7/2/14)  Initial Consult: 327.8 (2/24/15) Home Weigh In on Surgery Date: 291.8 (5/11/15) Today's Weight: 187.4 (5/20/16) Total So Far: 152.6 Pounds!!!!!!

"There's only us. There's only this... forget regret. Or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today."

Jiliana2
on 4/19/15 10:45 pm - Ottawa, Canada
VSG on 02/03/14

It's coming in the next OH forum update! Cannot wait!!!!

OTTAWA -- 2011 - Contemplated WLS Feb. 15, 2013 - GP Feb. 20 - lung functioning Feb. 22 - blood work Feb. 27 - Referral April 19 - orientation, bloodwork July 10 - nurse July 23 - rheumatologist (VSG) Sept. 12 - Behaviourist & Dietician Oct. 23 - Echocardiogram Nov. 6 - Pre-surgery Class Nov. 12 - Surgeon Jan 13, 2014 - Optifast (3 wks) Jan. 27 - PATTS Feb. 3, 2014 - Surgery (VSG)
HEIGHT: 5'5" HW
303 Pre-Opti 297 SW 271 GW 170 CW 200 (Feb. 8, 2018 - damn the regain!) VSG with Dr. Yelle

glamlamb
on 4/23/15 3:51 am
VSG on 01/19/15

LIKE!

Oxford Comma Hag
on 4/19/15 9:43 am
I think it has more to do with the power of the microwave.

I fight badgers with spoons.

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 800-273-8255

Suicidepreventionlifeline.org

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/19/15 10:40 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

This has got to be one of the craziest posts I have ever seen posted. Relying on microwave reheating times as an indicator that you're eating too much is stupid, sorry but it is. It's not a tool or an indicator of anything other than you have a variable temperature microwave.

What you eat & weighing your food is what's important, not reheating times., I'm pretty sure a plate of mashed potatoes heats up pretty quickly.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

frisco
on 4/19/15 10:57 am

Please read the post..... never does it refer to "relying"...... and it says medium microwave at high heat.

I'm just sharing 5 years of experience of repetitiveness and confirming with measuring.

And fatty foods tend to heat up the quickest.

I think your not understanding the loose concept that it's a 3rd. or 4th level indicator is less than smart.

And weighing meats is pretty accurate, but it's where volume and calories meet that really matters.

Not asking you to believe or grasp the concept.

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/19/15 11:10 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I've read your post, it says red flags/indicators, your posting that microwave times is an indicator that you're eating too much. That is not smart, at all. I figured you being a vet would know better. Someone will take your post & figure whatever food I'm reheating, in the time frame allotted  will tell me how much I can eat., not scientific, rather than relying on the digital scale & weighing food instead, scientific. 

The insinuation is there. Like I said your microwave has variable microwave settings, or maybe it doesn't. Weighing your food is not a loose concept, or a faith. I like to rely on science.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Most Active