Summer is coming! Bikinis or nah?

CorryCorral
on 4/19/15 8:17 am

Hey! I am new to this this site and joined because I wanted to ask people who have had VSG; how long until your scars aren't noticeable? I would love to wear a bikini but I don't think I would wear one if they are going to be noticeable. Right now, my scars are pinkish/reddish. Will they ever go back to normal skin color? Thanks!!!

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/19/15 12:43 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Well I'm no where near bikini ready, my stretch marks have no business seeing the light of day. LOL I'm not sure how well that scar fade cream works, or using coco butter lotion, but hell be bold & wear your scars as a badge of honor!, or sport a really nice sarong.

Heck I wanted to get a tattoo to cover them up, but that's not a good idea right now. Maybe way, way, way down the road after plastics.

I still have dark scars on my belly, I think of them as conversation starters. If someone asks I can always go with a, well back when I was stabbed defending my mother from a mob of criminals etc, etc, that usually shuts people up, either that or they'll look for martial arts techniques. I can get a laugh out of it in the meantime.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

TheNewT
on 4/20/15 11:24 pm
VSG on 08/04/14

I am loving the fact that the style this year is a very high bottom suit that covers the belly LOTS. So hell yes I am throwing the scars, stretch marks, loose skin and remaining fat into a two piece and will rock it! No more hiding behind my own self-conscious mind.

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/21/15 1:50 am
RNY on 08/05/19

I had surgery in December 2013 and my scars are the same color as my stretch marks.

I had a lap gallbladder surgery and 2008 and those scars have been completely faded for years.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Spindarella_2015
on 4/21/15 7:15 am

My scars are barely noticeable just at 3 months. They healed very nicely.

VSG on 01/23/2015

Most Active