Having ANXIETY after the surgery is this normal?

albrvid
on 9/25/15 6:53 pm

I'm post op for twelve day now and have been experiencing some episodes of anxiety after the surgery and don't know why this is happening to me.  I'm losing weight and feel pretty good most of the time.  I experience some regret for a short time then I'm ok again, is this normal?  

happyteacher
on 9/26/15 6:48 am

Yep. When you lose the weight particularly in the first several weeks it is super typical to by on a hormonal roller coaster. Just know it is normal, and will even out after a while. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Tracy S.
on 9/26/15 10:20 am

I felt the same way and was told it was some chemical that releases because of sudden intense weight loss.  This too shall pass!

albrvid
on 9/26/15 11:31 am

Thank you for your reply, I'm glad to know I am not losing my mind.  Your words have eased my mind, again, thank you. 

Tracy D.
on 9/29/15 12:47 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

It can be due to the release of hormones and it can also be due to the fact that you are no longer able to shove all your feelings (fear, sadness, anxiety) down with food.  So now the feelings are much more apparent and are screaming to be dealt with.  

It should hopefully even out for you soon.  If you believe the anxiety is getting worse then please go see a therapist to help develop some new coping skills to replace the old coping skill of eating.  

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Most Active