still not feeling great

LisaKelley
on 11/10/15 4:00 pm

I am 6 weeks post op.  Still not feeling great.  Exhausted.  No energy.  

I spoke to someone I work with that had the lap band.  She is two years post op and still doesn't feel great.

When will I begin to feel good?

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGoSSrA/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wGoSSrA/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Amber2280
on 11/10/15 4:10 pm

So sorry you are feeling so badly! :( I can not speak from personal experience because I dont have my surgery until Dec 7 but, I am a nurse and I have to think there might be something else going on....

Have you spoken with your surgeon? the nutritionist? or your PCP? Some of the things that are possible culprits and come immediately to mind are: Dehydration, not enough protein, vitamin deficiency, anemia, sleep issues...

You may need to have your doctor or nutritionist go over your daily intakes with you, possibly have some bloodwork done, etc' to track down the problem. I just can't see why you wouldn't be feeling better after 6 weeks. 

Thinking of you! 

Amber   

"I was born to be a nurse; to comfort, to aid, to save, to teach, to inspire.

It's My Calling, My Passion, My World...It's My Life!"  

Ready2goNOW
on 11/10/15 4:19 pm

Hi!

I am almost 4 weeks out and my energy is still pretty low. I have had some good days, though, so I am hoping it's just a matter of time.

I blame not getting sufficient nutrition as the main culprit... these food stages really don't seem to offer enough to really build back strength plus I am older with a heart condition.

As much as I hate this limbo I am still thrilled to have made it this far and to know I have this tool for life!

Good luck!

Kathy

(deactivated member)
on 11/10/15 4:26 pm

Takes time to recover from major surgery. Factors such as initial weight and state of health play in too. I walked and walked before surgery to try and be healthier going into it and it still took time. I took an afternoon nap for quite some time. I am now 3 1/2 mths out and have more energy than in years. So much nicer to not lug as much weight around. Give it time, eat well, exercise and take your vitamins. You'll feel better in time.

stacy T.
on 11/10/15 5:00 pm - San Francisco, CA

When your body heals and your system adjusts you will feel better. Some. But while you are actively losing weight your body is experiencing a famine. You are actually starving yourself. Under those cir****tances you will not feel great usually.

So first recover from the surgery and then be patient with yourself while you loose weight.

For all the people who are all "at two weeks I went back to my job as a construction worker" (or big time wrestler ; -) there are many of us here who took much longer to get back on our feet. This is where you have to dig in for the long haul.

Valerie G.
on 11/11/15 7:12 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

It was 6 weeks that my recovery turned around and I started towards feeling like myself again.  At 8 weeks out, I was nearly good as new.  Some people just take longer than others.  Make sure you're drinking plenty, for dehydration can leave you feeling drained and nauseous.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

Most Active