South Florida-Cash Pay

StaceFace
on 1/22/16 3:05 pm

I'm looking at a number of surgeons for VSG in South Florida.  I'd love to hear your feedback, information about cash pay pricing, and what was the deciding factor in picking in a surgeon.  So many of them have the same qualifications, that I find it difficult to distinguish and determine the best choice.

(deactivated member)
on 1/22/16 3:10 pm - CA

Welcome to OH.  While I cannot give you personal experience with surgeons in Florida, here is the Florida Surgeon Directory where you will find reviews on many of the surgeons doing VSG.  

http://www.obesityhelp.com/find/bariatric-surgeon/FL/

I am sure others will chime in with their experience with VSG surgeons in Florida as well.   

Best of luck to you. 

Nik

AnnieG48
on 1/22/16 7:02 pm

I'm also paying out of pocket.   Here in Minnesota, it was! $23,000.  I searched other states and saw other states were cheaper.   My daughter lives in Colorado and it's only $13,000.  I searched for surgeons and found the same as you, they all seemed the same.   I checked to see their credentials and if there were any malpractice suits against them.   After that I sent emails out inquiring having out of state patients.   Dr Metz personally emailed me bank.   I was impressed.   I met with him and now my surgery date is coming up February 15th.   Don't know if this helps you? !

(deactivated member)
on 1/23/16 6:13 am

I have  heard good things about Dr Peter Denk who is in Fort Myers and Naples. My daughter lives in Naples and looked into him for me before I had my surgery. His Fort Myers office is cheaper due to variations in the hospital charges. Don't know the exact costs as I was looking at different surgery but if you are in that area you can look up info on him and call and ask his office. I went to Mexico as a salf pay as it was so much cheaper.

JudithJohnson
on 1/23/16 8:09 am
VSG on 12/03/15

Make sure you go to an accredited center of excellence! I paid cash and my surgery was $1400, but we spent another $2000 on all the testing prior to surgery, physician costs and the stomach pathology after the surgery. Go visit with several doctors and pick the one that makes you feel comfortable and that answers all your questions.

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

rjordan7209
on 3/13/16 7:46 pm

So if I'm reading your post correctly, you paid $3,400.00?

Where did you go or who did you use

I've wanted to have this surgery done for years but I don't have $15,000.00.  It would be nice to know if it can be more affordable.

-Flo-
on 1/23/16 3:21 pm
DS on 04/11/16

I went to Dr. Shillingford in Boca Raton. He was wonderful! It cost 10K and it was about 2 weeks from me contacting him to my surgery date. I was a revision from band to sleeve.

StaceFace
on 1/23/16 4:11 pm

Do you participate in his aftercare program?  What were your thoughts on Northwest?  I met with another surgeon operating out of there, but I'm looking at other options.

-Flo-
on 1/27/16 3:41 pm
DS on 04/11/16

Sorry it has been a few days since your post. I actually flew down from Boston for the surgery. The care I received was great. I really liked Northwest.

Most Active