Things I cant wait for...

ejirish
on 1/23/16 3:41 pm

I'm still in the very beginning stages of getting approved for the sleeve. I have cigna, their conditions dont seem unreasonable, but still seems like its going to take forever...I really hope to have the  surgery by the beginning of June. 

In 2008 I went on the medifast diet and lost about 75/80lbs...I almost made it to onederland...but alas, in true form I made sure THAT didnt happen ;)

When the weight was falling off, I mean...when I really got into a groove...first I thought "i must be dying..maybe I have cancer" ...in all seriousness. For some reason I cant ever accept success. Even when its happening right in front of my face...some day I'll figure that out :)

Anyway... I really CAN'T WAIT to cross my legs again. Its true. Of course, I cant wait for so many other things- but thats a biggie. I cant wait to feel comfortable in any random chair...I cant wait to wear a pair of jeans...I cant wait...I just really cant wait. 

In the meantime, I'm thankful for everyones stories and sharing...it gives lots of information, and encouragement, and inspiration...

SDenae
on 1/23/16 4:20 pm - Greenwood, IN
VSG on 09/23/15

Congratulations on starting your journey towards a lighter, healthier you. After your surgery, you have to remember that the surgery (no matter which one you get) isn't going to keep you from failing. Depending on how much you have to lose, it can easily get you to goal if you strictly follow your doctor's plan, but once you hit maintenance, it's all in your hands. (I haven't made it there, yet, but I hear it's a lot harder than the losing stage.)

My advice to you, seek therapy or a support group or something now to help you deal with whatever is causing you to not be able to reach or maintain success. Then, for the 1st 6 months to a year after surgery (known as the honeymoon period), when you almost can't avoid losing weight, follow your diet plan like your life depends on it. That period in time is when you really need to be working on making those life changing habits with food. In my case, vigilance has been the key. There are days when you'll think things like "One cookie can't hurt., but push those thoughts out of your head. That cookie isn't worth sabotaging your progress. (One cookie today can lead to two tomorrow and three cookies and half a cake the next day.)

Ok, out of serious mom mode. It is all totally worth it. Not just the things like wearing smaller clothes and fitting in places that you can't now, but the whole health part of it. In less than a week after surgery, my doc took me off of every one of my diabetes medicines. I can climb my stairs with a basket of clothes and not think I'm going to die when I reach the top. I'm not even at goal yet!

I wish you full success and improved health! Good luck on your weight loss journey!

((Hugs))

Age: 40 | Height: 5'3" | HW: 245 | Program Start: 231 | SW: 208.5 | CW: 148.2 | GW: 130
M1: 15 M2: 15 M3: 6.7 M4: 10 M5: 6.6 M6: 3.3

^ Total weight lost
LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Sandra F.
on 1/25/16 5:29 am

Crossing my legs was never on my list of things that I missed but now that I can, I do it all the time and smile when I do!  I too, never used to wear jeans, but now own a couple of pairs.  I know it seems like it will take a long time to get there but it will go quicker than you think and it is not all easy, that is for sure.  Good luck to you!

luxurycouture
on 1/26/16 6:30 pm

Oh, just wait! It's wonderful. I've lost about 100lbs and am 11 months out and it has been a pleasant journey.

Last year, just before my surgery, I was on a long vacation and I had brought jeans, thinking I might want to dress up a little since I wore leggings every day because they stretch. They were a size 24. I ended up mailing them home because they were so unbearably tight, I knew I wouldn't wear them. I couldn't sit in any random chair + I required a seatbelt extender. Less than a year later, I am buying size 12 jeans  and the only time I wear leggings is when I go to the gym. I no longer need a seat belt extender. AND last month when I flew, I crossed my legs the entire flight. 

Other things I love about my smaller size:

Tying my shoes with little effort.

Not being stared at.

Shopping, shopping + more shopping.

Getting checked out by guys (sorry, lol, it's flattering!)

Having the girls working at the store where I was shopping tell me I have "the best body." I almost died! If only they knew me before!

Being able to feel my hip bones (only a little) 

Exercise 

Feel good. Genuinely feel good.

You have a lot to look forward to, my friend! I have struggled a little since my surgery, as I haven't felt the same restriction that others report. So it takes a lot more effort for me to refrain from eating when I feel hungry or when I don't feel satisfied, but it has been worth it. I feel like myself again and you will too.

Good luck!

Life is what happens to you while you?re busy making other plans. ?John Lennon

Most Active