Protein Shakes... YUK!!!!

dcapurz
on 2/9/16 6:41 am - NJ
VSG on 02/23/16

I am currently on my pre-op liquid diet and I am supposed to drink 5 protein shakes a day, I CANNOT GET 1 of them down.. I need help, does anyone have any suggestions?? I heard muscle milk is pretty good... what about pills? are there any protein pills I can take??? Im desperate and depressed..

Looking forward to some replies...

Diana

Jamie86
on 2/9/16 6:55 am, edited 2/8/16 10:53 pm - Union Corner NB, Canada
VSG on 03/19/15

This was the only one that to me didnt smell/taste like death... Just the smell made me sick or others

I got this one at walmart but its a little bit over the recommended calories per scoop but a little bit higher on the protein so I thought it balanced ok and my dietitian said it was fine.

I dont know of any pills  

Surgery Date February 19th, 2015..... Cancelled due to the DECH in Fredericton not having any Beds :( 

Re-booked for March 19th, 2015

Goal #1 - Training for Mudd Sweat and Tears on August 15th, 2015 - all 10km's completed! 

Goal #2 - Achieving Goal weight!

bigolalaskan
on 2/9/16 5:10 pm - Spring Creek, NV

I love this protein.  I go on liquids next week.  I find mixing it up with crystal lite is wonderful.  Specially with Lemonaide flavored.

Lap Band 2002-2005. Surgery Date 03/02/2016 | Current Weight:  311
Dr. Christina Richards MD, Salt Lake City |  HW: 357  SW: 324  GW: 175 |
New blog at http://www.worldaccording2jen.com

White Dove
on 2/9/16 6:56 am - Warren, OH

Everyone's taste are different.  Just keep trying until you find one you like.  There are protein pills but you would need about 300 a day to get 30 grams of protein. 

My protein shakes were pretty gross but I was so anxious to lose the weight that I would have choked down mud shakes if needed.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

JudithJohnson
on 2/9/16 7:07 am
VSG on 12/03/15

Try the unjury ones or the Costco premier ones, they are pretty easy to get down

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

Luvmygs
on 2/9/16 8:04 am
VSG on 12/04/14

Unfortunately there is no 'magic' protein pill and you'll find that everyone on the blog has their own favorite protein powder. Have you tried a plain or vanilla powder and added your favorite ingredients. I try and make a variety of flavors using the Sugar Free Torani syrups. My favorite shakes are adding frozen strawberries, 1 Tablespoon of chocolate cocoa powder with 1/2 banana, frozen pineapple with 1/2 tsp Almond extract or any kind of berries. My all time favorite is the cocoa powder with 1 Tablespoon of Peppermint Torani syrup. Make sure you're using a tasty protein powder. I use Magnum Quattro Isolate Protein (amazon.com). Good luck.

Allie_CA
on 2/9/16 8:08 am
VSG on 02/15/16

I'm also on my pre op diet and what is working great for me is decaf instant coffee. I make 4 ounces of decaf coffee and mix with vanilla flavor protein shake and I'm literally sipping that all day long. To trick my brain, I'm drinking from a Starbucks coffee mug, so it feels like I'm having a healthy latte. If you are a coffee lover like I'm,  nothing better. 

VSG: 02/15/2016 | Height: 5'7 | HW: 250 | SW: 237 | Goal Weight: 155 | Current Weight: 192| 

MAchick
on 2/10/16 7:52 am
VSG on 01/27/14

I love protein coffee, have from the start! 

acbbrown
on 2/9/16 8:32 am - Granada Hills, CA

I drink Chike high protein iced coffee shakes - good nutrition facts and yummy with unsweetened almond milk. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

cupofjavaVSG
on 2/9/16 9:03 am

Best advice is to look on pinterest they have a ton of protein shake recipes! If you are a coffee drinker you will love this! Chocolate Unjury Protein Powder, 1tsp of nescafe instant coffee, add milk add ice and you have a coffee protein shake!!! It is very yummy!!!

Most Active