New to this site

Joyaugie
on 4/10/16 8:05 pm

Hello Everyone,

I thought I'd introduce myself to all of you. I am hoping to get sleeved in August and I'm 71 years old. I've had a LapBand since 2002 and had it removed in February of this year. My doctor seems to think my health is good enough to have this surgery. I have a BMI of 35 and I hope it doesn't get any higher because it's been "open season" on the refrigerator since having my LapBand removed. BTW, I got my LapBand done in Mexico, but I'll be sleeved in the Boston area. 

Joy

Iam_with_the_Band
on 4/10/16 8:15 pm

Congrats!!! I am a former Lapbander!! I love my sleeve!

12/09 and 6/11, 9 skin removal procedures with Dr. Sauceda in Monterrey Mexico
Revised to the Sleeve after losing 271 lbs with the LapBand. 

Joyaugie
on 4/11/16 8:00 am

It's always good to hear that you love your sleeve.

Thanks,

Joy

Lululu
on 4/11/16 1:27 am
VSG on 03/27/16

Way to go Joy, i like positive people like you.

When I took my surgery i was ashamed of my self because i am 54 years old the reason why: when I first talked about surgery in front of my family and friends first think my kids told me that I was old enough to enjoy life and forget about how do I look and what size i can fit in now or later  which it was my major issue to be honest with you, i was frustrated about my look and the type of clothes I was fitting in, then I started to complain about my feet and my knees to make them accept my decision (thats why i posted "54 years just got sleeved" to see if anyone else my age or older did in fact took the surgery)

you by far the most inspiring one 

good luck to you in your surgery 

I wish all the best. 

Joyaugie
on 4/11/16 8:06 am

Thanks Lululu, until the day I die, I will always care how I look. Obviously, we all want to feel well too. BTW, our kids will always think we are old. Don't you remember how you felt about your parents? I'm glad you did something for yourself.

Joy

Opalizner
on 4/11/16 4:06 am

Welcome. I've just started the process to get VGS as well. Met my surgeon Friday, have a lot of work ahead (hoops to jump through). 

I wish you you the best on your journey!

trish

Joyaugie
on 4/11/16 7:33 am

Hi Trish,

Thanks for the welcome. You must be excited to know you got the ball rolling. I just wi**** would happen more quickly. Good luck in your journey too.

Joy

Joyaugie
on 4/11/16 7:51 am

I have no idea why those ***** showed up. It should have read ....I just wi**** would happen

Joyaugie
on 4/11/16 7:52 am

it happened again?

cappy11448
on 4/11/16 4:28 am

Welcome to the forum.  I hope you find it as supportive and informative as I have.

I got my sleeve when I was 63, and it worked out great. I lost 98% of my excess body weight, and I went from a BMI of 60 to a BMI of 24. I've been maintaining within 5 pounds of my goal weight for almost 2 years. 

I'm also in the Boston area and had my sleeve done at Lahey in Burlington.  Where are you having yours done? 

Best of luck in your weight loss journey. 

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views