What the frig!

CMR1075
on 4/11/16 6:56 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Another week goes by and I still haven't lost a pound. Can you say frustrated!!!  I know I keep saying to myself it's only temporary but it's not helping at the moment. I purposely didn't weigh myself for a week and haven't changed anything I was doing before with food so I don't know what my issue is. I guess the main reason I am stressing is because my fiance and I are planning to elope sometime soon and I went looking for a dress and left store almost in tears lol. I'm afraid of looking like a beached whale in the pics. I want to look my best when we finally decide to get married...ugh. 

Kris R.
on 4/11/16 7:11 am - Walworth, NY

Hi,

I'm 3 weeks past you - and I hit that hump 2 weeks ago.  I did change a few things up - added 10 minutes to my walk, switched protein drinks to the atkins version - i added almonds even though my NUT told me not to, but I needed something to hold me over and satisfy the crunch.  I wasn't going to get on the scale this morning, just so I wouldn't get frustrated and bam.. i was down an additional 10 pounds.  I had no idea and I almost don't believe it, so I figure I'll weigh myself again tomorrow just to be sure.  So, I'm no expert, but I think we need to change things up a little.  Have dinner at breakfast time, have bran cereal with almond milk for a snack or try a few almonds.  doing the same thing all the time, our bodies get used to it.  Good Luck, hang in there and remember, he loves you - regardless of your weight.  You wouldn't want it any other way!

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

LosinginAZ
on 4/11/16 7:41 am

I am so sorry! I know how frustrating that can be :( But you mention that you are stressed and I have found that life stress stalls my weight loss. Once you can de-stress and sleep better (which is likely not great given your stress at the moment) I am sure you will go back to losing. Consider picking up your exercise in the meantime. Also, what has worked for me, is having one day where I eat a little more calories than usual, and then go back to my regular amount. I dont know if it shocks the body or what, but it was suggested by my NUT. Now, she could be wrong, but it has worked for me :P Good luck! and congrats on the upcoming wedding! 

P.S. I am sure you will look beautiful on your wedding day, no matter what you weigh. Because on that day, when you are insanely happy and excited for the future, it will show, no matter what :) 

Age: 34 / Height 5' 8" / Starting weight July 2015: 446.0 lbs / Surgery Date & Weight: 1/19/16 - 320.4 / Lost pre-op: 125.6lbs / Goal Weight: 180 lbs

CMR1075
on 4/12/16 6:38 am
VSG on 01/15/16

Maybe my massage I have scheduled this week will relax me and set me back into weight loss mode lol. 

paflyersgal
on 4/11/16 8:50 am
VSG on 10/06/15

Hugs.. Sorry you are feeling this way. Please also understand that sometimes when you are not losing weight you are losing inches and that's just as awesome. I am 6 months out and I have two weeks a month where I don't lose anything. Always the week before and the week of that TOM. Sometimes I might lose like .4 or .8 or something but it's very little or nothing. It's a life long journey and some people reach goal faster, while other lose at a slower pace. Everyone's body is different and everyone weight loss will be different, but if you stick with it you will lose your weight. Be strong, have faith.. You can and will accomplish your goals 

Karen

GoBlueGirl1998
on 4/11/16 9:04 am - MI

How do you feel? How does your body feel? How do your clothes feel? I would pay more attention to that right now. Just relax and keep working your plan. Take a week off the scale and dress shopping! Just focus on you!! I'm sure you will love lovely and not like a beached whale!! think positive! Where did you go shopping for your dress?? I happen to be a big fan of shopping and fashion! :) 

Age: 40 Height: 5'8" Highest Weight: 325 Starting Weight: 291 Current Weight: 166 Goal Weight: 160

VSG 10/24/14 with Dr. David Chengelis

CMR1075
on 4/12/16 6:37 am
VSG on 01/15/16

My clothes actually feel big. Everything I wear looks like I'm wearing a sack of potatoes. I guess I didn't look at it that way. Since we are eloping, I wasn't looking to buy anything too crazy. We just closed on our house 2 weeks ago so I dumped all our money into that lol. I went to JC Penny, Macy's, and a few other stores in the mall. I still don't like shopping because of my stomach (it's always been the issue when shopping) so most of things I tried on that were white or ivory I felt like you could see my stomach through. I'm not a fan of spanx either so that's out of the question lol. 

handtlkr
on 4/12/16 5:48 am - Gulfport, MS
VSG on 12/17/15

I had a three-week stall. I kept doing all the right things, but saw no results on the scale. All the sudden, 10 pounds gone,  finally.  When you feel like/think, nothing's going on, something's going on.  Just keep plugging along.  It will drop off, sometimes, suddenly.

I've been robbed! My grandbaby stole my heart!  She just raised her hands and I surrendered.

Most Active