Period lasting nearly 2 weeks??

la_maestra
on 4/11/16 8:45 pm - AZ

Sorry. But i need to ask: 

Periods normal until this month (six months out from surgery). My current period has been light but non stop. I'm almost 39 so...could it be menopause? Is my cycle jacked? Is it hormones? Am I dying??

Help!!!!

luvmypuggies
on 4/11/16 10:39 pm

Call your doctor and ask, just to reassure yourself and get an explanation. I think it's normal for hormones to be a bit wacky after surgery as loads of fat cells are surrendering, but you'd think maybe that would have happened sooner as well, but then again maybe this is just how it works. Damn hormones. :)  It's probably just fine, but as I said, call your doc and double-check.

Steph Meat Hag
on 4/12/16 1:03 pm - Dallas , TX
VSG on 03/14/16 with

Agree with person above.  Call Doc if worried.  A 2 week visitor is annoying but not all that uncommon.  My general understanding (I'm also 39) is that we're a bit early for menopause however it's not unheard of.  When that starts all bets are off on what is normal, might have longer, shorter, skip, or get and extra.  Now add quick weight loss in there with hormone dumping and you have yourself a ripe ol mess.

For instance I don't know why this moth of all months (I'm 4 weeks out) that I've decided to gain water weight like a champion camel.  I know it's me watching the scale like a hawk that has me hyper aware but I lost down to 242 and this morning I'm at 249.  I looked into it and it says women can gain 2-10lbs on average.  I don't remember gaining this much before, but I hit the typical 3 week stand and now... water weight gain.  Lady parts are certainly taxing aren't they?

Age:40|Height: 5'9"|Lap Band 2/11/08 |Revision VSG 3/14/16

The cake is a lie, but Starbucks is not.

https://fivedaymeattest.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 45 views