THE BUILD UP!

JP807
on 4/12/16 6:07 am
VSG on 04/21/16

Hello all,

Just wanted to ask a question or get your responses to something.   I am 9 days away and doing well on pre op diet.   Down 14 in the last 5 days starting my 6th today!  I feel good, however really getting tired of just vegis made 17 different ways..lol.   Anyway, I woke up around 2:30am and just had a thought that someone must have provoked.   The though of myself being under 200lbs and probable target would be around 170ish.......is it wrong to not want that as a goal weight.   I mean I guess I am afraid of being that size, after all I have been this size all my life.   I just felt comfortable in my own skin up until probably the last 5 years where I figured out it was not coimng off and the damage was done.   I just get scared of being that skinny and how it will change my life....I know in a good way, but my marriage who I love my wife and she is doing it with me, but how others now perceive you at that weight.  I was told I would not be as funny if I was under 200lbs.   I have been up all night wondering how life will be and if I can handle it - I do not know if this makes sense - but change is coming soon and yes although scary I think I need it...I know I need it.   Any thoughts!

CristinaMariaa
on 4/12/16 6:17 am

You're not alone. I am 6 days away from my VSG and I can't help but wonder if I've made the right choice. So much of my personality has been built on the funny fat chick thing... I feel like I'll lose myself..

But that's not the case. This is a procedure that will help you live longer and better than if you do not get it done.

Can't anticipate the worst when it really could be the best.

Follow your gut, pardon the pun, but you went down this road for a reason...leave it all to fate.

Best of luck, JP...you and your wife will do swell :)

JP807
on 4/12/16 6:24 am
VSG on 04/21/16

Thank you so much and to you as well - keep me posted......we still will be funny!....lol....I appreciate your words!

cappy11448
on 4/12/16 7:44 am

I lost 225 pounds and went from 385 pounds to a normal 160.  I also had some fears about the change and how it would be.  It was a transition but all-in-all it was a positive experience. 

People tend to "not see" or perhaps ignore very heavy people, and I remember a time as I approached maybe 200 pounds when people started noticing me, and I was getting attention from people who would never have given me the time of day when I was heavier.  It was a little intimidating.  I did make me uncomfortable.  But it didn't last long.  I don't notice it anymore.

I do get a sense that people perceive me differently now.  - maybe more threatening, or less "safe".  Its subtle, but I've always prided myself on creating a safe place where people are accepted for who they are, and I think its a little harder now...  Maybe its just in my head...

So I guess the bottom line is that there may be changes, but the benefits definitely outweigh the negatives.  I wouldn't lose any more sleep over it!

I'm very curious if others have noticed changes.

best wishes,

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

blackskittle
on 4/12/16 8:19 am

Great Share!! this is pre-op talking as I haven't had the operation yet but I have to think of how much funnier you might actually be. People are funny, regardless of their size and I'd have to imagine after your weight loss your confidence and happiness will soar. Positive happiness is sticky and contagious:)

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views