Ugg. Coffee

Dsmgold
on 4/12/16 9:06 am
VSG on 03/01/16

Before starting this journey, I would drink a pot of coffee every day.

Today I took a sip of decaf coffee, my first since November.

Guess what, it tasted like dirt.

Maybe my tastes have changed a bit.

Next time I will try putting some vanilla protein power in it.

HW: 323   SW 308   CW 249.2   Goal Weight 200. 

My surgery was on 03.01.2016 with surgeon Mark Smilik, M.D. in West Des Moines, Iowa

happyteacher
on 4/12/16 9:10 am

No question taste buds change! I couldn't do sweet and I have a massive sweet tooth. I am also pretty muich hooked up to coffee via an IV drip all day, but no problems with it tasting like dirt, lol!  Protein powder in coffee is very good actually, both vanilla and chocolate. Just make sure it isn't steaming hot or it will clump on you. Then you would have dirt clumps in your coffee 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

blackskittle
on 4/12/16 9:17 am

WOW!! down 59lbs! Great job Dsm!! But I will admit the coffee thing scares me. Coffee=Life for this lady.

acbbrown
on 4/12/16 9:36 am - Granada Hills, CA

Early out coffee burned my stomach. The acid was just too much. THANK the coffee gods I can drink it now. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Kris R.
on 4/12/16 10:15 am - Walworth, NY

I haven't done coffee since Christmas morning.  The headache was so bad coming off of it that I swore I'd never do that again and I won't.  But I will agree taste buds are way different now.  Everything seems salty to me.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

lost-in-motion
on 4/12/16 10:57 am
VSG on 03/22/16
breathemusic
on 4/12/16 11:35 am

So the real question is.... if you don't like the way coffee tastes now, is there a reason you want to pick it back up?  I guess if you are able to limit it to a cup a day or so and don't get hooked on the caffeine, then awesome.  But I've always hated coffee and one of the things that I enjoy so much about that is that I never have to be one of those people that is a jerk just because "I haven't had my coffee" because god forbid I not have morning caffeine!  Plus, you'll never have to worry about getting headaches because you didn't have coffee.  You won't have to worry about coffee staining your teeth, or stale coffee breath!  LOL.  Anyway, I mean, if you really just have to have a cup of something to perk you up in the morning, I guess I get it.  But otherwise, I say embrace your new dislike of coffee and all the good things it will do for you!

JudithJohnson
on 4/13/16 4:45 am
VSG on 12/03/15

This subject made me laugh out loud. I have surgery 4 months ago and prior to that I would easily drink a pot (or two) of coffee in the morning. After surgery I can't even stand the smell of coffee anymore, and I used to love it. When my husband drinks coffee, he drinks it in another room in the house because the smell makes me sick. I used to live and run on coffee, in fact, my nickname was coffee junkie for years. I am not even trying to start liking it anymore, water for this girl!

Judith, 46, surgery date  12/3/15

SW: 317 CW: 210 GW: 180

Most Active