Need help with surgeons and location please

need_help_2016
on 4/12/16 10:43 am - Kennesaw, g

My name is Tiffany and I am new to this site. A little about me would be that I have struggled with my weight from a small child and now into adulthood. I am 37 years old and have BMI of about 32 and no health complications. I am about 5'2" and my weight fluctuates from 170-180lbs. My heaviest was about 200 lbs. I work out almost every day, but I just cannot get my eating under control. I eat until I feel full and cannot eat any other way. I have tried to eat less, but the hunger is something I cannot overcome. I know how I should eat and how I want to eat. I am hoping a gastric sleeve will work for me to control my hunger and make me feel full sooner with less food. The problem is I cannot have this surgery in the US due to my BMI, so I am looking for advise on possibly going to Mexico. What surgeons would you recommend for gastric sleeve? I would prefer Cancun for safety reasons, but I am willing to go elsewhere if the surgeon is the best. Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much!

Neesie57
on 4/12/16 1:12 pm
VSG on 08/04/15

There is a Mexico forum that will probably help you a lot.  Do a search by clicking on the magnifying glass at the top of the page.  You'll find info on doctors, hospitals and surgery experiences.  

5' 5" tall. VSG on August 4, 2015/ Starting weight 239.9/ Surgery weight 210.9/ Current weight 137.4/ Goal weight 140/ No longer overweight, now a NORMAL weight. Now that I'm at goal, it's time to move on to maintenance!!!!!!!!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 4/13/16 2:44 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

My BMI was 34, with high blood pressure and sleep apnea.  I was approved by insurance because of the "co-morbidities".  Make sure you can't do it in the US before traveling.  Having your surgeon nearby to prepare, then afterwards can be very important.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

Kelea
on 4/16/16 7:22 pm
VSG on 02/16/16

Hey Tiffany, my sister was similar in weight and height to you. She was able to get the sleeve here in Florida with Dr. Kahlil Shillingford in Boca Raton. She loved him! He offered a great price and covered everything. She was going to go to Mexico until she found him. The hospital was great as well. Hope this helps.

Blessings 

Most Active