7-8 week post op check up

Allie16
on 6/3/16 12:39 pm
VSG on 04/14/16

Hi all,

Happy to report the acid reflux that was killing me for the past few weeks is starting to calm down. I feel like myself again. Saw the Dr/Nut yesterday and they advanced me to regular food. Very excited but sort of nervous at the same time. I figure I'll take it very slow and see how it goes. My question is how soon could you eat protein bars? I have a hard time getting in the protein so I think these would help but don't want to go too fast into food. Just curious what experiences others have had.

Also got cleared to go in the pool even though my incision is still closing. Very excited about that so I can star****er aerobics.

And, down 65 lbs but still can't figure out the ticker to put at the bottom of my posts. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks!

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 12:52 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Great job on the loss! You can update your ticker by clicking the mountain looking icon above nested into a big L

I'll post some links in a sec

As for bars, from what my surgeon group has said and I've read on the forums, they'y not advised because of the high level of sugar that goes into them... I bet theres a way to make our own that would be much better :) Wonder if any vets have done that

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Chris "Thick-to-Fit" T.
on 6/3/16 1:05 pm - FL
VSG on 05/26/16

Couldnt find my previous post, wish I knew how to search based on username! 

1. Click the mountain nested in an L up top (mouse hover over says "WEIGH IN"
  2. Enter in your start weight, current weight and a goal weight
  3. Click Manage Tickers
  4. + NEW TICKER
  5. You can click change background and change icon button to configure to your liking :)
  6. Ticker type -> weight
  7. Progress preference, your choice 
  8. Starting value, put in your starting weight
  9. Check show in MB signature
  10. Save

You should be set :)

Blog: www.thickto.fit

YouTube: Click Here!

Instagram: ThickTo.Fit

Heaviest Weight: 345 | SW: 315 | CW: 175 | GW: ~180

Allie16
on 6/3/16 4:22 pm
VSG on 04/14/16

Thank you Chris, I will try it tonite!

ocean4dlm
on 6/3/16 1:07 pm - Liverpool, NY
VSG on 05/27/15

I found that adding unflavored or vanilla protein powder to something I was already eating, like Greek yogurt, was a great way to get the extra protein in. I didn't add protein bars until I was very close to goal, because of the carbs.

Age: 64; 5' 5"; High weight: 345; Start weight: 271 (01/05/15); Surgery weight: 218 (05/27/15); Pre-Op (-53); M 1 (-18); M 2 (-1.5); M 3 (-13.5 ); M 4 (-13); M 5 (- 8); M 6 (-12) M 7 (-5, Xmas); M 8 (- 9) Under surgeon's goal and REACHED HEALTHY BMI 12/07/15!! (Six months and one week.) AT GOAL month 8. Maintaining at goal range (139- 144) ~ four (4) years !!

White Dove
on 6/3/16 2:32 pm - Warren, OH

You can eat Quest bars now.  They also have high protein "potato" chips. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 6/3/16 3:42 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Do you like Greek yogurt?  I found that adding some protein powder (Isopure Zero Carb) to my daily yogurt was a great way to increase my protein intake after surgery.

My favorite is Dannon Light and Fit.  80 calories and lots of different flavors.  My current obsession is Lemon Meringue.

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views