Feeling like I am doing something wrong :(

Jojo7l7
on 6/23/16 8:10 pm
VSG on 04/28/16

Hi I am 8weeks today that I was sleeved the first month I lost 19

This month only down 6 I exercise for a 30 minutes a day eat around 700 calories a day and it doesn't come off 

Three months to my wedding any suggestions on how to get it moving faster :(

mylastchance
on 6/23/16 8:31 pm

The best advice is to relax and just keep doing everything that your Dr. laid out for you.  Protein, water, low carbs, etc.  Stay on track and try not to look at the scale too often.  When you don't lose....sometimes you're losing inches....it isn't always easy to be patient,  but study your plan and follow it and it will happen. We are all wanting a quick fix....the magic bullet....there isn't one,  WLS is still hard work and takes time and planning so just hang in there and it will all turn out great and you'll be a beautiful bride.  

"I COULD HAVE MISSED THE PAIN BUT I'D OF HAD TO MISS THE DANCE"
             I have missed too many dances in my life now it is time to start living
5' 1"

Jojo7l7
on 6/24/16 4:45 am
VSG on 04/28/16

Thank you :)

Cliff P.
on 6/24/16 3:16 am
VSG on 03/12/15

Follow the plan. Make sure you count all liquids you drink. Those are the sneaky calories and carbs.  Derailed me a bi****ch coffee creamers. Lots of calories.

DW/287 SW/245 GW/185 hit at 89 day post op.. still doing the happy dance  

Jojo7l7
on 6/24/16 8:56 pm
VSG on 04/28/16

Thank you for your advice 

mmsmom
on 6/24/16 4:29 am - Woburn, MA

For me exercise helped alot.  In maintenance I notice when I walk, I maintain - if I don't, I start to creep up.  30 minutes is not alot - in fact it's probably what we all need just to maintain good health.  I would sign up at the Y or local gym, start some zumba or something fun and walk at least 10-15K steps a day.... this with smart eating should boost your weight loss (this is only my opinion and I am not a dr, haha).

Don't compensate for your exercise by eating more....just add the exercise.  I hate on WW that they give you more points if you exercise - isn't that defeating the purpose???? Not a fan of WW anyway, but I digress.  Also make sure your 700 calories are smart calories - lean protein, smart carbs (if you eat them, I do) and fresh fruit is ok in my book.  I got through my entire weight loss phase eating watermelon - which I know is loaded with sugar - but it worked for me.  Good luck, I'm sure you'll be a beautiful bride.

VSG on 04/28/2014

Jojo7l7
on 6/24/16 4:55 am
VSG on 04/28/16
On June 24, 2016 at 11:29 AM Pacific Time, mmsmom wrote:

For me exercise helped alot.  In maintenance I notice when I walk, I maintain - if I don't, I start to creep up.  30 minutes is not alot - in fact it's probably what we all need just to maintain good health.  I would sign up at the Y or local gym, start some zumba or something fun and walk at least 10-15K steps a day.... this with smart eating should boost your weight loss (this is only my opinion and I am not a dr, haha).

Don't compensate for your exercise by eating more....just add the exercise.  I hate on WW that they give you more points if you exercise - isn't that defeating the purpose???? Not a fan of WW anyway, but I digress.  Also make sure your 700 calories are smart calories - lean protein, smart carbs (if you eat them, I do) and fresh fruit is ok in my book.  I got through my entire weight loss phase eating watermelon - which I know is loaded with sugar - but it worked for me.  Good luck, I'm sure you'll be a beautiful bride.

Hi thank you for your opinion

I Starting last week at the gym I go two times a week so for doing cross fit for 40min. I guss I need to do more.. Eating is still very hard for me I live on eggs yogurt cottage cheese a few ounces of Lean turkey. and a few days a week Wendy's chilli. Porteen shake. I will try to go up to a hour a exercise. Thank you 

Kris R.
on 6/24/16 5:26 am - Walworth, NY

Try turkey meatballs - hey come pre-cooked in the freezer section.  i put them in a pan on low with some sauce.  2 is a serving for me and they are yummy especially if you like the chili.  You'll need to try other things to eat or you'll fall back to your old habits.  My family loves bruchetta (sp), and now I make it on zucchini instead of IT bread.  and it is just as yummy.  So if you are able to add other items to your diet, you should try and do so at least 1 new thing a week.

You can't take care of them, if you don't take care of you!!
Band 10/2006, removal 10/2010, VSG 02/08/2016

Jojo7l7
on 6/24/16 8:58 pm
VSG on 04/28/16

Thank you I never thought about Turkey meatballs will try them 

AMAZEBALLS
on 6/24/16 4:39 am - Dieppe, Canada
VSG on 04/19/16

I went about 3 weeks without losing anything a few weeks after surgery. Then I lost 11 pounds in 3 days. I don't think you can make it go faster. Follow your plan and your body will do the rest :) Best wishes for your wedding!

" I may not be there yet, but I'm closer than I was yesterday"

VSG: April 19, 2016, Dr. Beausoleil, Moncton NB, Canada

5' 2'' HW:276 SW:267 CW:149 GW:150 DreamW:136

Most Active