Just got sleeved Momday

Rothsteh
on 6/29/16 8:14 am
VSG on 06/27/16

Hi all,

i did did it I got sleeved on Monday. Anyway the pain is getting less and less. Still there, still not ready to sleep in my bed due to the pain but progressing every day. My question is how long does the pain last?

Bufflehead
on 6/29/16 8:20 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

It varies a lot. I had some pain for about two weeks, mainly from my drain port site. Keep taking the pain meds as long as you need them though, don't be a hero.

jennabee13
on 6/29/16 9:33 am

My pain was tolerable as long as I didn't get into certain positions. It took a few weeks before I could sleep on my side again. That was a long few weeks. I used pain medicine at night before bed and used lots of pillows.

Cherie K.
on 6/29/16 4:52 pm - Hong Kong

I had pain for 8 weeks... I am now at 9 weeks (this week I have been pretty much pain free other than when I ate one bite too many!).  The first 6 weeks I had a lot of back pain which resulted in trouble sleeping because I like to sleep on my back (The doctor had to give me a stronger pain med because I was taking Panadol which wasn't strong enough).  I also would have random stomach pains and nausea until this week... I seriously thought something was wrong and the doctor said everything was healing fine.  I hated the unknown random pains and I am very happy that I haven't been experiencing that this week as I leave on our family holiday next week and I don't want to be scared of medical problems when I'm really far away from home.

Rothsteh
on 6/29/16 4:59 pm
VSG on 06/27/16

Thanks all. It's been a rough few days but I can't wait to see the benefits

SoCalDee
on 6/29/16 6:02 pm
VSG on 06/24/16

Congratulations on your surgery!

i had mine done last Friday and my recovery has been pretty good.

Just be patient, you will start to feel better soon.

5'0 Heaviest 247.4 Surgery Weight 236.0  Goal 140

*Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable*

Most Active