Trouble falling asleep

JTomo08
on 7/26/16 1:29 pm
VSG on 06/29/16

Hello all! This Wednesday I will be 4 weeks post-op and lately I have been having trouble falling asleep...even when tired! Last night for instance I was super tired that I didn't even want to get out of my chair to crawl into bed.

This has been happening the last week week and a half. It takes me an average of two hours to fall asleep...then when I fall asleep I sleep like a rock. It's hard to wake myself up sometimes. Anyone else having/had these issues? I never had this problem before surgery...even when I was drinking 1 1/2 two liters of pop a day!

Smallbites2015
on 7/26/16 3:50 pm

Yes had insomnia immediately after surgery.  It resolves can't remember how leg it took though

KTnj63
on 7/26/16 4:58 pm
VSG on 07/07/16

Yes,  I have been having this problem for the last 5 days. I'm 19 days post op.  It's driving me crazy.  I'm exhausted when I go to bed and can't get to sleep

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 7/27/16 3:27 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I remember that I fell asleep quick and slept heavy the first 2 weeks, then had the same insomnia you describe trying to fall asleep for probably the next couple of weeks or so.  It did go away, I think maybe when my work/home routine became more normalized?  Or maybe it is hormone changes?

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

petra65
on 7/27/16 4:15 am - AL
VSG on 06/28/16

I remember right after sugery I would fall asleep fine but would wake up in the middle of the night and be awake for a couple hours.  It was probably about 10 days before I slept through the night.

Consultation Weight: 261. SW: 241. CW: 191  GW: 135

Oneillch
on 7/27/16 4:38 pm
VSG on 02/04/15

Insomnia runs in my family so the doctor recommended Melatonin & whenever I'm having a problem, I take a dose and it makes me very sleepy in a very short time. 

Maria_Wilent1273
on 7/28/16 6:30 am

Talk to your Dr. about Trazadone. Its non habit forming. It helped me so much. Good Luck.

diane S.
on 7/28/16 12:04 pm

I have used ambien for years, but its not for everyone.

Consider that you may have eaten yourself to sleep before surgery - many of us did having a high carb snack before bed.   If thats the case a small glass of warm skim milk might help. just don't head for the crackers. It will probably resolve on its own.   gl   diane s

Join US On The VSG Maintenance Group Forum!! 
                  http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

Most Active