Post-op visit

Curvvychrissy
on 8/24/16 1:51 pm
VSG on 08/15/16

hi everyone, 

So, I am now 9 days post-op, I feel pretty good. I went for my post-op appointment with my surgeon. He was funny...had the nerve to tell me I lost 25 pounds. I was like, say what now? Anyways, I don't know who scale to believe, but i am so excited and ready to start the next steps. He bumped me to puree foods for the next four weeks.  I am happy about that. Also, I am allowed to exercise as well, no pool or heavy lifting yet. I am excited to see what happens over the next 4 weeks. I am still off work, so that helps with the jumpstart of a workout plan. 

Since, I am new here and this site has been so inspiration, encouraging, and helpful I would love to make some connections for accountability and a sounding board. My family and close friends are aware I had the procedure, but they don't understand just what it involves to a T. I can tell my sister, yes I can have my 4oz of refried beans, but I will be eating then for about 2hours. Lol. Just kidding, I'm not sure how long it will take. But you get me because you have experience. 

High weight:310

Mo 1: 30

dimpleslya79
on 8/24/16 3:18 pm
VSG on 08/09/16

Hey!  

Congrats and I know you loved hearing how much you lost!!! I know I did   I started pureed foods 2 days ago and I THOUGHT I would be able to eat 4oz down at a time but I was wrong!  I am able to manage 2 oz though.  I have been trying out different foods because I was not cleared to eat scrambled eggs(Boo Hoo!) since that was what I had planned on eating.  I saw so many others posting about eating them.  I understand that every MD is different.  So I have been experimenting with wendy's chili, egg salad, corned beef hash and today I mixed baked chicken with cream of mushroom soup and I am sure the list is going to go on and on since we have to do this for the next month!

WL: Pre-op: -14.2 M1: -19.2 M2:-16.6 M3: -15 M4: -12.8 M5: -12.6

M6: -11.2 M7: -6.8 M8: -5.8 Total: 114.2 lbs

Curvvychrissy
on 8/24/16 3:42 pm
VSG on 08/15/16

Yes.I was very happy. I shedded a tear. I went out and purchased all types of things. I've been on Pinterest searching for different purees. I can eat a scramble egg only half at a time. And yes, I took 2 hours to get down 4 oz. Did you get your vitamins? If so, what kind? 

dimpleslya79
on 8/24/16 5:14 pm
VSG on 08/09/16

I tried the Bariactiv   1st but it was too many of them I had to take daily so I just switched to Opurtunity.  Talk about a horse pill...lol.  But it's just the one I have to take and of course it's chewable.

Kelly L.
on 8/25/16 8:13 pm

Congrats on 25 lbs lost, that's great!! 

Curvvychrissy
on 8/25/16 8:45 pm
VSG on 08/15/16

Thank you. 

Most Active