Juicing.yay or nay?.?.?

Queen_Q89
on 9/22/16 5:52 pm - FL
VSG on 02/19/15

I'm going to go on a juicing diet with a family member for a week. She hasn't had wls, but as far as me I'm going to incorporate at least one protein shake a day for breakfast. Im not sure but I may add in some unflavored protein powder in all of my drinks just to be able to still get in some protein. For those who may not be familiar with juicing its when you consume only the juices of fruits and veggies mixed.. no food (water of course). Just thinking about it sounds like a lot. Im not to good with getting in all of my fluids, but hopefully I'll be able to since I wont be having any food. I plan on including plenty of green leafy veggies as well since I became anemic after my sleeve. Wish me well. Have any of you tried juicing? How was it for you? 

happyteacher
on 9/22/16 6:06 pm

Yes, although no where near to the extent you are contemplating  I had the sleeve, then a load of cancer related issues after that. I started having about 15 ounces or so of juice per day. It did wonders for helping my labs, which at the time were pretty low. With that said, that stuff was high calorie and that was even with me using almost all green leafy veggies with only a little fruit. So, yes you can still lose and be successful. However, there is a reason why we are told not to drink out calories as well. 

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

Anita
on 9/22/16 6:39 pm

as a total aside......I'm planning on getting one of those wonderful cooking devices you use (have been out of work for a while, so it wasn't in the budget - starting new job on Monday), so I will look toward joining your group to get guidance....it all sounds fabulous

Good friends are like stars. 
You don't always see them but you always know they're there. 

happyteacher
on 9/22/16 6:58 pm

Worth every penny! It actually pays for itself very rapidly, so you will find it helps your overall budget :)

Surgeon: Chengelis  Surgery on 12/19/2011  A little less carb eating compared to my weight loss phase loose sleever here!

1Mo: -21  2Mo: -16  3Mo: -12  4MO - 13  5MO: -11 6MO: -10 7MO: -10.3 8MO: -6  Goal in 8 months 4 days!!   6' 2''  EWL 103%  Starting size 28 or 4x (tight) now size 12 or large, shoe size 12 w to 10.5   150+ pounds lost  

Join the Instant Pot Pressure Cooker group for recipes and tips! Click here to join!

H.A.L.A B.
on 9/23/16 6:06 am

If you wait until black Friday - they often go on sale on Amazon. Just saying...I bought mine 7 in 1, 6 qrt for 80..vs list of 119...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Anita
on 9/23/16 12:36 pm

good to know.....thank you!!!

Kathy S.
on 9/23/16 10:03 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Be sure and join the group also  

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Anita
on 9/23/16 12:37 pm

that's exactly what I plan to do. My mother always used a pressure cooker but I was afraid of them......now they look so much better and safer, so I'm going to go for it. I also have a NuWave counter-top oven that my honey bought for me......I love it....hardly ever use the "real" oven

Kathy S.
on 9/23/16 12:55 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

OMGosh that is exactly where I have also. I tried grilling as my husband use to do all the grilling and I sucked at it LOL  I love the NuWave and use my new 7/1 pot.  You have GREAT taste!  Let me know some of your favorite recipes!

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Anita
on 9/23/16 7:37 pm

as soon as I have good One Pot recipes, I'll share, but for starters, I'm sure I'll be using the recipes from the group here on OH.

Wednesday night I took some chicken cutlets (pounded thin) and created a roll up with a little fresh mozzarella and some spinach. secured the rolls with toothpicks. then I put them in an egg wash and sprinkled a little bit of panko crumbs over them.....just a very little. put them in the silicone baking dish and set my NuWave for 15 minutes..............they were amazing!!! I had one for dinner - okay, half of one..... then had the other half for lunch on Thursday. Liked them so much, I had one of the really small ones for dinner.....then I froze the rest.

Most Active